GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

The Battle at Kemble's Cascade» Forums » General

Subject: Card Size rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sutanto Joji
Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Anyone has information on the card size for the game? Might need to prepare the sleeves in advance due to the flimsiness of the card.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure I measured them at exactly 2.5 x 3.5 inches, but I came here looking for a confirmation of that because I'm planning on 3D printing a new set of scrolling trays and need to design them.

If anyone has the cards handy and can confirm, that'd be sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Related to the card size and sleeves, will the trays hold sleeved cards or are they too narrow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olle Tyrland
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
Related to the card size and sleeves, will the trays hold sleeved cards or are they too narrow?

They should hold cards + sleeves, if you use tight sleeves.

/Olle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance VanGogh
United States
Troy
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I used UltraPro for the large cards and they fit in the trays fine, not sure what to use for the small cards, Fantasy Flight yellow is too narrow and Fantasy Flight Red is too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have corrected my post above; they're 2.5 x 3.5. I hope nobody else went as far as I did and designed a 3D model of better cards trays and printed a couple out on a makerbot only to get them home and realize I provided the incorrect specs, hahaha.... Ah, well - I measured again and this time it's right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olle Tyrland
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
reitoei wrote:
I have corrected my post above; they're 2.5 x 3.5. I hope nobody else went as far as I did and designed a 3D model of better cards trays and printed a couple out on a makerbot only to get them home and realize I provided the incorrect specs, hahaha.... Ah, well - I measured again and this time it's right.

Ah no, for goodness sake, you should print them on an Ultimaker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Tyrland
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Do you feel lucky punk!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirkit wrote:
reitoei wrote:

Haha! I totally agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nirkit wrote:
reitoei wrote:

A nice, high-resolution machine, for sure... But incapable of printing something 267 mm long, as would be required for a 3-card tray. Maybe their next version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Borg
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So which sleeves for the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Ultra Pro for the standard cards, and Mayday Mini Euro for the status cards. Their sleeves were thin and narrow enough to fit in the trays. I had issues using my Ultra Pro sleeves for the smaller cards. A smidgen too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen Kuipers
United States
Woodbridge
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
townsean wrote:
I used Ultra Pro for the standard cards, and Mayday Mini Euro for the status cards.

I tried the Mayday mini Euro (blue) and they were the correct width, but were about a quarter of an inch too long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olle Tyrland
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
mergryphon wrote:
townsean wrote:
I used Ultra Pro for the standard cards, and Mayday Mini Euro for the status cards.

I tried the Mayday mini Euro (blue) and they were the correct width, but were about a quarter of an inch too long.

I've seen a few people manually crop the sleeves to the right length. It's a quick and neat process and works fine after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The UltraPro ProFit (64x89) is a really snug fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.