GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,524 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Banners, timing of attachment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Likos
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I attach a banner in hand to a freshly recruited unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
mbmbmbmbmb
dlikos wrote:
Can I attach a banner in hand to a freshly recruited unit?

Sure, why not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Desiderata wrote:

Sure, why not?

If the rules prohibited it? I don't think that is an acceptable answer, since the rules already limit when you can play healing effects, for example.

Basic Game Concepts | Using Units 7. says "Banner Artifacts can be assigned to a Unit at any time during your turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip
Canada
Moncton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Singbird wrote:
Desiderata wrote:

Sure, why not?

If the rules prohibited it? I don't think that is an acceptable answer, since the rules already limit when you can play healing effects, for example.

Basic Game Concepts | Using Units 7. says "Banner Artifacts can be assigned to a Unit at any time during your turn."

As far as i know theirs no rule limiting what you can do to a unit the turn you acquire it.

i.e. recruit the illusionist unit, you can then use the unit to get more influence point or a gain a white crystal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Desiderata wrote:
Sure, why not?

Units acquired from a site are a reward and done in the end of turn section. (you can't play cards here, only discard them) which would suggest that you can not add a banner to units gained in this manner.

The questioner does limit his question to "Recruiting" but I'm not sure that the distinction between recruiting and combat rewards was/is clear to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.