Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Roberts
United Kingdom
Bath
B & NES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've been looking at the rules for this game with great interest after seeing a Geeklist of the best wargames recently. I've looked at buying this game from the US based Simmons site who offer Free Delivery worldwide. Taking into account the US to UK Sterling currency conversion buying directly would save over £10 on UK prices. Wondered if anyone in the UK had done this? A good experience? Or did you fall foul of Customs and Excise adding on their percentage before delivery. cry

Thanks all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Or keep an eye out on E-bay. I picked it up this week for £32.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kruijt
Netherlands
Eindhoven
NBr
flag msg tools
This overtext intentionally left blank.
badge
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered from Delayed Reactions in Germany. Price is 32 pounds (excl. shipping).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Siebel
Germany
Schwalbach
flag msg tools
mbmb
I ordered BaM directly from SimmonsGames before it was distributed in Germany by HistoGames. My experiences were very good. Bowen Simmons answered every question very patiently and did a great job. Shipping over the pond takes of course a bit of time and patience. (I took the cheaper surface option, here)

Although I was lucky with this game, you have to take into account that your shipping could get stuck in the customs which can cost enough money to make your savings from ordering in US vanish.
(I recently got a shipment from Germany to Switzerland, one game around 60 Euro. In addition to this the customs took the usual 10,--SFr. for bothering to look into it as well as the taxes. The delivery company again charged enormous 58,--SFr for dealing with the customs, all in all doubling the whole bill.)

Anyway, great game, have a lot of fun, wherever you order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Wright
United Kingdom
Nottingham
England
flag msg tools
Hornet Leader - Carrier Air Operations
badge
Herge's Adventures of Tintin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered my copy direct from Simmons as soon as it came out. No problems. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roberts
United Kingdom
Bath
B & NES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apologies for the delay in acknowledging these replies - just back from holidays. Just wanted to say thanks to all for the advice, I'll have a look at the sites mentioned.

Cheers,
Chris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.