GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,863 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
88 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » News

Subject: Picard Maneuver and Stargazer spoiled by an eBay auction- UPDATE: AND NOW BY TERI'S VIDEO! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
EDIT:
Teri has uploaded the spoiler video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an2cMMQ7zFs&feature=youtu.be

The transcription is for ease of forum discussion/quoting, please give the above link to Teri's video a courtesy click before reading it:

Stargazer, 22 pts
3/1/4/3
During the Activation Phase, you may disable 1 of your active shields to remove 1 auxiliary power token from beside your ship.
Standard Fed Action Bar
[tech] [weap] [crew]
180 front arc, no rear

Picard, Skill 6, cost 4, ET
Add a [crew] slot to your upgrade bar.
Action: Disable all remaining shields and perform a green maneuver

Picard Maneuver, ET, 5 pts
Action: If you performed a 3, 4 or 5 straight manuever this round, discard this card and immediately perform an additional 5 straight maneuver. Place an aux power token next to your ship. All attacks against your ship this round are at -4 attack dice.

Tactical Station, Weapon, 4 pts
Add a [weapon] slot to your upgrade bar.
When attacking, disable this upgrade for +1 AD
OR
When attacking, discard this upgrade for +2 AD

Jack Crusher, Crew, 2pts
During the modify defense dice step, discard and spend an [evade] to add 2 [evade] to your result.

Secondary Impulse Reactor, crew 1 pts
During the activation phase, if you reveal a red maneuver and have an APT next to your ship, you may disable this upgrade to perform that manuever at to penalty.

That's... some maneuver. And it synergizes with the ship ability.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Picard Maneuver and Stargazer spoiled by an eBay auction.
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:

That's... some maneuver. And it synergizes with the ship ability.

Yeah, happened again.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
The two visible cards are not bad. Combine that with the double attack elite talent from Prime ship. 10 attack dice in a first move 10 forward! Nuts!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Letter-number TL! "C1"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm...one (unique) crew, one weapon, one tech. I know it was from the Hathaway, but the only tech I can think of (and a sort of warp-looking tech at that) is Wesley's "science experiment," which means that maybe Wesley is the crew?
I think the only Stargazer crew member we've seen is Jack Crusher, who would also be an interesting choice, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So its stats are literally IDENTICAL to a named version of the Ferengi ship class that it historically got its ass kicked by, and only managed to prevail at all (although the ship had to be abandoned) BECAUSE of the 'Picard maneuver'??

Lore fail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, wait. Might those be holodeck lines in the background of the crew card?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
XanderF wrote:
So its stats are literally IDENTICAL to a named version of the Ferengi ship class that it historically got its ass kicked by, and only managed to prevail at all (although the ship had to be abandoned) BECAUSE of the 'Picard maneuver'??

Lore fail...

I thought they were attacked from surprise at Maxia, while trying to make friends? Hardly a straightforward punch-up to make a useful comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
XanderF wrote:

Lore fail...

I thought they were attacked from surprise at Maxia, while trying to make friends? Hardly a straightforward punch-up to make a useful comparison.

That's fairly accurate.

Quote:
On stardate 40217.3 the Stargazer was on a routine survey mission near the Maxia Zeta star system. It was preparing for a full survey and sensor scan when an unidentified spacecraft was detected near one of the moons of Maxia Zeta IV. This ship later turned out to be a Ferengi vessel that may have been hiding within a deep lunar crater and was launched from said moon, though scans indicated no launch complex. All attempts to hail the ship failed.

The battle began when the Stargazer was suddenly fired upon by the Ferengi ship while traveling at warp 2 through the system. The ship was able to score two direct hits on the Stargazer.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maxia

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appears the Officer cards are being sold as well:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bruce
United States
Elgin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You may use any number of officer cards. That just became pretty sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S.
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Follower of Khan, you've been promoted!

I'm just going to point this out for the "WizKids hates Romulans" crowd- Having the most 1-point crew, this pack benefits Romulans the most. There, I said it.

Tactical Officer seems like kind of a waste, should have named it Chief Gambling Officer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems pretty good confirmation to me that Jack Crusher will be the (only?) crew upgrade from the pack. You can see a unique upgrade card in the middle of the stack with what appears to be holodeck yellow-lines on the picture. That'll be him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If I were a betting man I'd put a few bucks on Jack Crusher as the crew. The Tech is what's really got me guessing.

RE: Officer resource: SURELY the operations officer is intended to read re-roll "UP TO" twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psychlone wrote:

I'm just going to point this out for the "WizKids hates Romulans" crowd- Having the most 1-point crew, this pack benefits Romulans the most. There, I said it.

Except the Romulans can't use the Science Office (no combat ships with the 'scan' ability) or tactical officer (no ships at all with the 'battle stations' ability), or 2/3 of the first officer.

So...yay, the Romulans can use the operations officer! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man, all a Romulan admiral would need to be kind of great would be "FLEET ACTION: Perform a [scan] or [battlestations] action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Barchak
United States
Carl Junction
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Psychlone wrote:

Except the Romulans can't use the Science Office (no combat ships with the 'scan' ability) or tactical officer (no ships at all with the 'battle stations' ability), or 2/3 of the first officer.

So...yay, the Romulans can use the operations officer! shake

You're not alone, the Klingons are in the same boat. It's a damn embarrassment of riches again for the Federation...no wonder all the other powers in the Alpha quadrant want them dead.

Looks like it will continue to be a good day to die for my Klingon fleets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
polishhammer wrote:
You're not alone, the Klingons are in the same boat. It's a damn embarrassment of riches again for the Federation...no wonder all the other powers in the Alpha quadrant want them dead.

Looks like it will continue to be a good day to die for my Klingon fleets.

Not quite the same but at least you've got Drex'l'stations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H. Tucker Cobey
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Romulans and Klingons are happy enough with the extra tech slot from the Science Officer.

With that said, Tactical and Ops are both pretty lackluster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, my first thought for the science officer was to give the Valdore a Science Officer Romulan Tactical Officer for that tech slot and maybe a Pilot or two to get a green maneuver and talk to SORTO about science.

But yeah, that tactical officer... shake Between it and Suder (edit: and Saavik), I get that this game really expects me to be all "dang man, I wish I had something to spend all these extraneous BSes on," and I can sort of see that idea starting to take shape with Janeway and (non-)Beardo Riker and the First Officer, but we're definitely not there yet.

First Officer is still plenty cool, though, and I have no complaints about Ops. It's like a quadruple Sisko! Granted, it won't be winning MVP, but you're looking at a pretty solid return over the course of the game, which is actually incredibly appropriate for the Miles/Harry officer card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Kohanek

Midland
Texas
msg tools
mb
I asked the seller of stargazer to post more images. He refused.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sylphilis wrote:
I asked the seller of stargazer to post more images. He refused.

Seems a poor decision as he's expecting people to bid on it not knowing 2/3 of the contents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Gill
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The point is, this secondary market gets ridiculous. Now ebay even spoils content. I must say I really love the game, own every ship (at least those available on the primary market) plus all the OP-ships except the Sutherland because it is ridiculously expensive. The whole OP-Exclusive Gen Con Exclusive and Ebay selling starts starts to really sour the game for me. I am a Trekkie, I love boardgames, I love STAW, yes I want to own the Full Game and all it's mechanics. And this is the point. I am ok with a bit exclusive here and there, alternate cards, arts or stuff which you can just get earlier via OP. But entire Game mechanics and Fan favourites being exclusive combined with poor communication from Wizkids is really ridiculous. I am thinking of quitting the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Patrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it just me or is the Stargazer really, really tiny?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.