Subject: Movement - regular and charge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Palermo
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
When charging, you need to make an Charge EC when you are within 3 hexes of the target hex.

1. If after making the EC, and you do not have enough MP to reach the hex adjacent to the charge target hex, can you continue the charge in your next turn? Or do you only declare the charge if you have enough MP to make it all the way?

2. Are you allowed to pass the 3 hex limit and state "no charge, but I'm going to move adjacent to your unit?"

3. If you find yourself somehow closer to the enemy than 3 hexes, can you declare the charge from 1 or 2 hexes away? If so, is there a Charge EC made?

These seem like basic questions, so I must be missing a point somewhere.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark W. Johnson
United States
Casper
Wyoming
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Frank, it looks like you found another bit of errata that should have been corrected during playtesting, which I'm sure would have happened if CH had playtested this game before publishing it.shake

Here are some answers:

1. Your latter point is correct: a command can only declare a charge if all units have sufficient MP to enter the target hex.

2. Once a charge is declared and the Charge Experience Check takes place, there's no turning back--the charge has to be pressed home.

3. No, you can't declare a charge if any part of the command is less then three hexes away from a target hex.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.