GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Surrender Spain rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
doquin sebastien
France
flag msg tools
mb
1942 Spain, part of the axis, collapse with the capture of Madrid by the BEF
German units in Spain.
How does one manages the surrender of Spain?
Is the axis can refuel its units?
The Western faction Can utlise Spanish ports?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
gorrim wrote:
1942 Spain, part of the axis, collapse with the capture of Madrid by the BEF
German units in Spain.
How does one manages the surrender of Spain?
Is the axis can refuel its units?
The Western faction Can utlise Spanish ports?

Follow the rules in 13.2.2. Because the Western faction conquered an Axis Spain, steps 3-5 do not apply. Spain does not have any special case rules.

Also see the blue box in 13.2.2. It states that until an enemy unit moves into a conquered country city, that city is still friendly to the faction it belonged when active.

Therefore, if a city is Spain is not under enemy control (Allied in your game) that city remains friendly to the Axis (just like when Spain was active). In order for a Spanish city to become friendly to the Allies, an Allied unit will have to move into it (again, as when Spain was active).

Basically, the only difference between an active country and a conquered country is that a conquered country's units and markers are removed from the scenario and cannot come back.

Sal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doquin sebastien
France
flag msg tools
mb
Ok thanks !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to point out that I really appreciate Sal's attention to answering questions, here. There have been a lot of them, and his participation continues unabated.

Thank you for doing so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:
Just want to point out that I really appreciate Sal's attention to answering questions, here. There have been a lot of them, and his participation continues unabated.

Thank you for doing so.

You're welcome. Thanks to you and many others that have filled in with answers before I was able to get to it myself.

I'll continue to do my best until I become a super rich game designer who doesn't care any more about you peasants. In order words, I'll continue to do my best forever.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Williams
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cmontgo2 wrote:

Thank you for doing so.

I just want to second this and add Mark Dey to the kudos list as well.

Unconditional Surrender is a spectacular game in my opinion, and Sal's and Mark's active participation in the discussions are what make the game truly special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.