BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: How does one post image comments (non-game images)? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
So how does one do this (post image comments)?

Clarification:
Process works fine for images associated with a game. But the when trying to comment on images associated with a publisher....

Everytime I try I am told to select a forum and Image Comments is not an option. I see plenty of images with comments - so what's the secret?

I am surprised that the comment entry code appears to be slightly different for the different sections, but guess this is just another item Aldie gets to add to his "when I have time" list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How does one post image comments?
When you view the image, there is a link near the bottom to "Post Comments".. when I click on that, I get the usual forum comment box, and "Image comments" is already showing in select forum box.

e.g.:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekforum.php3?action=newpost&f...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Re: How does one post image comments?
That is the procedure I am trying - but Image Comments is not available in the Select Forum box. Wonder why the difference?

investigates a bit

Got it. I should have been more explicit in the first posting (and will edit shortly).

How does one post a comment for a Publisher Image. Image comments works fine for games, but when I try to publish a comment for an image tied to a Publisher (instead of to a game) - then the entry form breaks down. It appears that slightly different code is used for that processing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right. The problem is: there are only 3 forums available on publisher pages. As long as there is no Image Comments Forum, you can't post under pictures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.