GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,502 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Haunt #27: Confused rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tummelisa
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, played my first game of 'Betrayal at house on the hill' yesterday. And of course I became the traitor. We got haunt no. 27, the one with the Blob. This haunt led to a quite heated discussion in our group.

At first the were no questions what I were supposed to do, but soon enough I got a dilemma, I ran out of Blob tokens. In the rules it stated that I were supposed to remove tokens from the inner rooms, rooms which the explorers could not reach. So this I did, but soon enough one of the explorers used the mystical elevator, and by doing this he could access the inner rooms.

Now, my question is: Does a room from where I took a Blob token still contains the blob? Or is it more like that the blob is moving, rather than expanding all over the house? Does anyone know something about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played this the other day.

Prettty sure it says that anywhere the blob token has been should be considered out of commission.

Really you should be leaving tokens in any room with an outside facing door to avoid confusion.

The blob team in my game actually took over the mystic elevator so we didn't have this problem.

This seems a very tricky one for the heroes to win. In my game they lost by the skin of their teeth. As we were "taking a look" at the blob for observation, pretty much all the key rooms we had explored were taken over, so we rushed away upstairs to explore some new places upstairs. I was absorbed into a blob person and the last remaining hero made one last stand to find the final ingredient in the vault, and failed. And then blob got lucky and expanded twice in one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tummelisa
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zayzayem wrote:

Really you should be leaving tokens in any room with an outside facing door to avoid confusion.

The problem we had were that there were not enough tokens to cover all openings to other floors (such as: secret passage, stairs, etc.) and all out facing doors. This made the elevator a huge problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Jackson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We played this haunt and it really got an argument going. The player who triggered the haunt had to drop the crystal ball and this is where the blob starts from. that means straight away the player who's turn it was and having pulled a card now can't move and therefore is made into a blob person immediately.

Is this correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Jackson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
its ok, just reread the rules regarding the haunt. player to the left of the traitor restarts the game. this would have made the game better as i won the game in three turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.