GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,341 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Evolution» Forums » Rules

Subject: Carnivore cause extinction, who gets the food? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question 1.
The rules on Extinction state:
"Any food that was on a species killed by a Carnivore is placed in that player's Food Token Bag."

Which player is this? The owner of the species that was killed, or the owner of the Carnivore dealing the killing blow?

On the same note:

Question 2.
If a species of Population 4 eats their 4 food, and then gets attacked by a Carnivore from any player which reduces this species population to 3. What happens to the 4th food?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Reed
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the answer to both questions is that the owner of the species that collected the food gets to score the food.

If I understand correctly, once you collect it, it will be scored for you, but needs to stay on the player board so that it's easier to keep track of when you're full.

Dying species and reduced population is enough of a setback, that losing the food you would have scored would be unbalancing. Or so it seems to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gameson
United Kingdom
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mnemonicuz wrote:
Question 1.
The rules on Extinction state:
"Any food that was on a species killed by a Carnivore is placed in that player's Food Token Bag."

Which player is this? The owner of the species that was killed, or the owner of the Carnivore dealing the killing blow?

That would be the species that was killed, since a) they have been removed before the normal scoring zone so they need to be counted and b) chance are they were eating plant food, which Carnivores can't eat.

mnemonicuz wrote:
Question 2.
If a species of Population 4 eats their 4 food, and then gets attacked by a Carnivore from any player which reduces this species population to 3. What happens to the 4th food?

To the best of my knowledge, the forth food stays there until it is scored and put into the bag - you don't loose out for being attacked after eating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.
That's how we played as well as it made sense that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.