GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,436 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conditional Surrender and Li Nalas (but not Weyoun), 2 uses or 1? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sue Dohnim
msg tools
I've searched around a bit for an answer but it always seems to include the Weyoun cards, so...

If you have Conditional Surrender, Li Nalas and crewman x (anyone), when targetted by an attack, can you Conditional Surrender, discard Li Nalas to prevent crewman x being discarded, then later use conditional surrender again with crewman x? Or does the first attack discard both Nalas and crewman X?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
As Li Nallis and the other crew are being discarded simultaneously, I would rule at my events that Li Nallis would not work in that situation.

Effectively, you should not be able to discard something that is being discarded to protect something else that is being discard simultaneously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
It seems to me that you could discard Li Nalas during your activation phase with an appropriate target for the attack phase, preventing that crew from being discarded later in the round. You could then use Conditional Surrender again as you still would have 1 crew remaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hare
msg tools
klavigne95 wrote:
It seems to me that you could discard Li Nalas during your activation phase with an appropriate target for the attack phase, preventing that crew from being discarded later in the round. You could then use Conditional Surrender again as you still would have 1 crew remaining.

Hm. I was going to go into detail about you not be able to use card text until the trigger conditions are met. Then I went and reread Li Nallis.

I actually have to change what I said. His text just says to disable him to prevent a crew from being disabled this round (or discard to prevent discard). It doesn't actually have a trigger.

If you are going to go with that, then if an opposing player doesn't fire at your ship after you've discarded Li Nallis, you're just SOL. But given the way the card text reads: this seems legal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.