Thumb up
1 Posts

Memoir '44: Eastern Front» Forums » Sessions

Subject: me, you and Lisyanka rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Ah, beautiful Lisyanka. I always grew up wanting marry someone by the name of Lisyanka - I think I'm going to have to settle for M44 Scenario 43, that is as close as I'm going to get.

Players: J & I.

I begin with several vodkas on the banks of the Gniloy Tikich River. Ah, if only Gniloy himself were here to share in such beverages... no worries... on with the battle.
I started as the Russians, J as Axis. J pushed forward on his left flank; creeping into the frozen forests (with the bears and other vermin... nibbling at his rations, perhaps this move will prove foolish). I make my first move with an artillery assault. I manage to pick off one of his units before it even moves, there is already confusion in the Axis ranks. I manage to move my tanks from behind Dzhurzhentsy and secure a strong line of defense in and around the central hills. J quickly removes my men in the ravine, they never really were going to do much... lambs to the slaughter. J was greatly hampered in this game by having almost no cards commanding the centre of the board. I pressed forward on my right flank, took the forests and pressed my advantage into J's unfortunately immobile troops. 7 - 3 to me.
We spin the board around for the re-match. I get lucky early with several central section assault cards. This allows me to secure the forests and move my artillery into a more aggressive position in the town of Khilki. From the forests I begin picking off J's infantry on the hills. Hope is stirred within me... perhaps, I can take 5 of his units out and sneak a man over the frozen river and claim victory - not many victories are as sweet as a back-to-back M44 victory. I push forward, moving my men from the forests to take on J's men in the hills, my men are engineer units, so do not have -1 for battling up hill. Meanwhile, J is cleaning up my men on the other side of the board with his special forces tanks. The score levels up at 6 - 6, it is match point. I have a possible victory when playing a Recon in Force. However, I am unable to extinguish his one man between the river and I. J's tanks press further into Khilki... bang... I'm dead. 7 - 6 to J on the return match. I was so close... maybe next time. Another great Eastern Front battle.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.