Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Exhaustion: If player "A" has attacked player "B" and played both an attack card with Mind and an Attack Mod with Body and then afterwards player "A" plays Exhaustion, do the values of the current Attack + Attack Mod cards still count toward the attack?

2. Several decks have cards that allow the player to draw cards (that are Fast). So, can these draw cards be played any players turn (regardless of whether the player was involved in an attack)??

3. I guess that the generic question is can a player play ANY Fast card on ANY players turn?

4. Does Dimensional Shunt work against Opportunistic Attack (which is a Special Attack rather than the regular Base Attack that seems to be indicated on Dimensional Shunt)?? What about against Independent Motility?? What about against Accelerated Entropy??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Various rules questions...
#2 and #3, the answer is yes, you can play a Fast card during any time on any player's turn. The effects must be In Range, so the Fast can't target an opponent unless the opponent is at the same location as the Fast-card player.

#1 and #4 I leave for right now until I dig out the set for the cards listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#1: Exhaustion only impacts during the Clear Phase of the turn. So it has no effect on any current Attack Phase. Perhaps you are reading that someone can not *play* cards on the attributes if Exhausted? Incorrect, they just can not clear such cards until the attribute is twisted back using a Clear action itself.

#4: The explosion-symbol-without-a-plus is the indicator of a Base Attack. See the upper-left corner of the card to determine what 'type' of attack card it is. The Dimensional Shunt works on all Base Attack and Attack Mod (explosion-symbol, with or without the plus) cards as stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Occu Pant
United States
Clive
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the explosion symbol with an "S" rather than a "+" inside it?

Cinnibar wrote:
#1: Exhaustion only impacts during the Clear Phase of the turn. So it has no effect on any current Attack Phase. Perhaps you are reading that someone can not *play* cards on the attributes if Exhausted? Incorrect, they just can not clear such cards until the attribute is twisted back using a Clear action itself.

#4: The explosion-symbol-without-a-plus is the indicator of a Base Attack. See the upper-left corner of the card to determine what 'type' of attack card it is. The Dimensional Shunt works on all Base Attack and Attack Mod (explosion-symbol, with or without the plus) cards as stated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Engard
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
RoamDog wrote:

4. Does Dimensional Shunt work against Opportunistic Attack (which is a Special Attack rather than the regular Base Attack that seems to be indicated on Dimensional Shunt)?? What about against Independent Motility?? What about against Accelerated Entropy??

Dimensional Shunt wouldn't directly affect either Opportunistic Attack of Indpendent Motility, because neither is a base attack. However, Opportunistic Attack allows you to play a base block as a base attack, which you could then play Dimensional Shunt on. Similarly, Independent Motility allows you to play a base attack, which could be affected by Dimensional Shunt. As for Accelerated Entropy . . . that's a good question. I'd say that the effects stack. Dimensional Shunt would have a value equal to half the value of one of your opponent's attack mods. Once Accelerated Entropy is played, that value increases, which increases your block value accordingly. The card is still going to help your opponent more than it helps you, but it's a useful bit of semi-synergy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Carroll
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello, this is the designer of Galaxy. I thought I'd stick my nose in to verify that the answers given above are pretty much all correct. In summary:

1. Exhaustion only makes a card more "expensive" to clear. It has no effect on the resolution of the current attack. And just to clarify, exhaustion twists action cards, not attributes.

2. Yes.

3. Yes, you may play a fast action on any player's action phase. However, you must play cards in the proper sequence. Unfortunately, the current rulebook could be clearer about how this works. But via the power of the internet, you can get some quick pointers here: http://tablestargames.com/faq.html#herocard

4. No, dimensional shunt oly works against base attacks and attack mods, as stated on the card. Every card has an information bar beneath the picture and above the text. This will identify what type of card it is. You can also use the icons in the upper left corners, as mentioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.