Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay I played my first game of El Grande and enjoyed it very very much.
I hear alot of comment regarding the component quality, misprint or luck of it on the cards etc, but enjoyment was so great that I didn't really mind any of those problems. Actually since I never played original version I didn't see what is the problem with components.

But one thing that really really dissapointed me was the quality of game photo at the back. I mean how poorly done is it? Colour is awful, there is too much empty spaces, and big black castle thing is even missing one side. Too bad such a boring picture for such an exciting game.

Too bad especially since I loved the photo on the original release. Did anyone had same reaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it's certainly not a prizey photo but I don't care. It's more documentary in purpose than anything. It doesn't affect the game playing at all. But the missing text on some of the action cards? That was more bothersome to me.

But you are right: the art is boring for the quality of game hidden under the lid.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.