Kingston
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hex Hex Next
Smirk

Players : 3-6
Ages : 8 and above
Rules : Very clear and simple. This is a fun game. I have seen people in the original game (1st Edition) complaining that the rules do not cover every possible situation. Version 1.5 of the original game and this expansion have clarified the rules, and have added more details that one needs to read. The rules are 4 pages long now where they could have been only 1 page (very few and simple rules).
Time to explain the rules : 2 min
Time to play the game : 30 min
Components : About 100 cards, some tiles and beads. Cards are of the highest quality paper!!! I wanted to see more color/images on the cards, but the hex symbols look cool from another point of view. The beads are a little large to fit on the scoring tracking card, but this is a minor detail.
Price : Low (Low Medium 50$).

This review is more to answer the question about if it worth to get the expansion and not to review the original game. The answer is YES !!! Buy Now!
Hex Hex is an excellent card game. Fresh concept, a lot of fun, and quite addictive. Hex Hex Next is the first expansion and I hope they will make more.
This expansion gives your two things in one package: A complete game of Hex Hex, AND an expansion if you own Hex Hex already.
A complete game of Hex Hex: You do not need to buy the original game to play this expansion. What you get in the box is a complete game of Hex Hex. Many cards are different from the original game. The new cards are more spiced up and I have to admit that they play better than the ones in the original game. Some people may not agree with me on this because the new cards are little more complex than those in the original one, but after many games these cards make the game better and more fun. If one has to choose between Hex Hex and Hex Hex Next, go for Hex Hex Next. In my opinion this is the better of the two as a stand alone game.
An expansion of Hex Hex: Now, if you have the original game of Hex Hex, you can add all the cards from this expansion to the ones in the original game, and you can have the Super Hex Hex experience. The cards from both sets work together in an excellent way. Smirk did an excellent job in this area. The game is not diluted or changed in any way. It just gets better! The added bonus is that more players now can play together (and the new rules highlight some new cool variants as well). My preference is 3 to 5 players (this range of players gives you maximum fun and interaction), but with this expansion you can go 10 players together! Let the Hex spread in mysterious ways!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.