Subject: Reprint? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charlesq
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Does anyone know anything about a reprint for this? I read a post on the yahoo group for Octi that it would be reprinted at the end of this year, but that was in February, and I haven't read anything else about it elsewhere. Said also that it would be at Essen.

I've been on an abstract kick lately, but none of the games I want seem to be in print, and those that are, I have to scour the internet to find them, and even then, can only find one or two on any website (the shipping adds up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel T. Georges
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
I talked to the designer recently - about 3 months ago - he did not mention a reprint.

It seems that abstracts almost always have a farily short run, with a few exceptions. I, also, have to scour the seas for the copies I want:-).

If you don't find Octi anywhere send me a PM I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Green
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
After a few years in limbo, Octi (all versions, 9x9 and 6x7 boards) will be back in print. Foxmind Games will debut the new version in plastic this February at the New York Toy Fair. The plastic design (see Yahoo groups for a picture) is much more functional and visually pleasing this time around, and the quality of pieces and board should be much improved too. I haven't seen the graphics for the board yet, but I remain optimistic. The aim of this print run is to include a folding board that is 6x7 squares on one side for the junior version and 9x9 on the other side. It will contain pods of four colors, to support the four player game, which is a great variant even if I personally am embarrassingly bad at it. (BTW, I would be grateful if someone were to program the four player game on Richard's PBeM server...) If we can just get the production values right for once and get good translations in many, many languages, Octi might get a small toehold in the world of abstracts. Hope springs eternal.

Don
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
How many copies are going to be made?

Great game, Don.

n_r_a

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pen sa tor
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would be this year at essen 2008 some copies of Octi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FoxMind Canada
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Octi is now available on Amazon.com and FoxMind.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Brown
United States
North Liberty
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FoxMindGames wrote:
Octi is now available on Amazon.com and FoxMind.com.

Great news!

Is that a cloth gameboard? googoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrien Dessemond
Canada
Quebec City
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it is made of cardboard which is double sided (6x6 and 9x9 on the reverse).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.