Popular Tags: [View All]
James Bowes
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After receiving Tigris & Euphrates in a math trade a few weeks ago, it finally hit the table last night. Three of us played: Bull, Lion, and Urn. I was the Urn.

It was the first time playing Tigris & Euphrates for all of us, so the game was slow-going, and I made a few mistakes in explaining the (more than ample) rules.

The game started with all players playing leaders and civilization tiles all over the place, as we tried to get a feel for the game.

Soon, three large kingdoms formed near the center of the board, with all players having a leader in one or more of the kingdoms.

A few internal conflicts were attempted, but in most cases the attacker was defeated.

Lion constructed two monuments in the kingdom containing most of their leaders; Bull followed suit with a monument in their kingdom.

Urn attempted an external conflict by joining their kingdom with Lion's. Lion and Urn now both had a king and a farmer in this large kingdom. The conflicts were resolved, with both Urn and Lion losing one, and leaving the kingdom shattered.

Several smaller external conflicts followed. Bull absorbed one of the smaller kingdoms into their larger one, while Urn and Lion replayed their leaders down onto the small kingdoms.

Finally, all but two treasures were collected, and the game was ended.

Final Scores:

Urn - 17
Lion - 11
Bull - 8

We all had a great time with the game. I expect it will soon see the table again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Crane
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, but how long did your first game take?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.