Subject: Tracking - delivery to the UK rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received an email on the 19th August that TTABEft24U was on it's way to me and a tracking number given.

I only got back from holiday yesterday but when I tried the tracking link it shows not found. Anyone in the UK/Europe have the same experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, tracking didn't work for me either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks - and I'm assuming that the game itself has not turned up yet either? - not that that is cause for concern yet given international delivery times and BH weekend etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, but I did only get the notification yesterday ^^. I don't know where its' been sent from but I won't worry till it gets to 2 weeks =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
The tracking numbers were automatically generated and emailed when the labels were created---not when they are actually mailed. So they are premature in that sense and it is a little bit of a misnomer to suggest that they are being fully tracked. They will not even register as trackable until they are scanned just prior to shipment, so the current status appears to be that they are all just packed and waiting to go.

The majority of items are waiting to be bulk shipped out of Los Angeles still. I was expecting ongoing reports on what countries were sent when, but it appears they are all going together. The only thing the tracking will show is when the games leave LA because the tracking will mean nothing once it reaches your country---as they are delivered as a large single bulk package to your country and will not be scanned at that point.

It's not true tracking as most understand that term, it's more like a flag that will let you know your order is being processed. When it registers as active that will mean it has started the journey. If it doesn't show as being active that means it is packed and waiting to get to LA.

I would have liked the email you received to say "Your package is currently being prepared, once it begins its journey from Los Angeles it will register as active, but that will be the only relevant tracking information you receive."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The wording on the email I received was as follows:-

"Thank you for your order from our Kickstarter campaign! We wanted to let you know that your order (#18975) was shipped via DHL Global Mail. You can track your package at any time using the link below."

...if it is the case that the tracking only denotes when the bulk shipment leaves, and that that hasn't happened yet, then that is a very misleading email.

I'm not really bothered if it's not about to drop through my letter box, my concern was that the lack of tracking meant mine had gone astray and it would seem that is not the case - but that is still an odd bit of communication.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schreiber
United States
Waynesville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Tolerance for ambiguity is the first step in maturity.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the confirmation email was not adapted for international shipments. Thank you very much for sharing that detail with me. That was an accurate statement for the domestic shipments, but it's very misleading on the international shipments.

Edit: Thank you also for responding quickly with those details. Much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew the ambo
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are also USPS tracking numbers, not DHL Global Mail too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine arrived today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And mine arrived today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bookwormral Bookwormral
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
both This Town and the Dungeon Dice expansion dropped through the door this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Dearn
United Kingdom
orpington
kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine also arrived today
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
My copies arrived yesterday morning, together with all the other TMG microgames
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was at work waiting for me this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.