Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
195 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Tragedy Looper» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Tragedy Looper PBF #3 - The First Script - the game is over - WARNING: FIRST SCRIPT SPOILERS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
badge
I know you're dead inside, and that's what I like
mbmbmbmbmb
Tragedy Looper PBF #3

The First Script

1. Beloch - confirmed
2. Azgard12 - confirmed
3. Gustave154 - confirmed

Please confirm your participation below. I am assuming this is your first game and you do not know Script #1, "First Steps." Please read the rulebook here (no spoilers are contained in this rulebook): http://zmangames.com/rulebooks/Tragedy_Looper_Rulebook.pdf

This game will be running Script #1 in the Mastermind Rulebook, "The First Script" using the "First Steps" playeraid (GeekMailed directly to the Protagonists). rathstar will be the game's Mastermind. Table Talk is ON - Protagonists are free to discuss and collaborate on all their decisions.

Players know the following things:
Tragedy Set: First Steps
Number of Loops: 3
Days per Loop: 4

Day - Incident
1 - none
2 - Murder
3 - Suicide
4 - none

Special rules:
None

remember: do not read any other First Script PBFs currently in progress!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tragedy Looper PBF #3 - The First Script - awaiting player confirmation - WARNING: FIRST SCRIPT SPOILERS
The board state at the start of each loop:

Character Summary

Doctor
Paranoia Limit 2
Adult/Man
mbmb - Remove or add 1 Paranoia to any other character in this Location. If the Doctor's role has Goodwill refusal, the Mastermind may use this ability as his own.
mbmbmb - The Patient may go outside the of the hospital for the rest of the loop.

Shrine Maiden
Paranoia Limit 2
Student/Girl
The Shrine Maiden may not visit the City.
mbmbmb - If in Shrine : Remove 1 intrigue from the Shrine.
mbmbmbmbmb - Reveal the role of any character in this location.

Girl Student
Paranoia Limit 3
Student/Girl
mbmb - Remove 1 paranoia from any other student in this location.

Boy Student
Paranoia Limit 2
Student/Boy
mbmb - Remove 1 paranoia from any other student in this location.

Police Officer
Paranoia Limit 3
Adult/Man
mbmbmbmb - Reveal the culprit behind any incident that has occurred in this loop.
mbmbmbmbmb - When death in this location happens: Prevent it.

Office Worker
Paranoia Limit 2
Adult/Man
The Office Worker may not visit the School.
mbmbmb - Reveal this character's role.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tragedy Looper PBF #3 - The First Script - awaiting player confirmation - WARNING: FIRST SCRIPT SPOILERS
TURN SUMMARY

1. Day start – morning
Day start effects happen here

2. Mastermind action
Plays 3 cards face down on characters/locations
(not more than one on same spot)

3. Protagonists action
Play one card each face down on characters/locations
(not more than one on same spot as another Protagonist card)

4. Cards are resolved
Reveal all cards and resolve them. After that, return all cards to their respective owners, except once per loop cards that are put to the side for this loop

5. Mastermind abilities
Uses whatever abilities are applicable

6. Leader uses Goodwill abilities
Leader declares which abilities he uses, and any targets.
Mastermind resolves the effects. May refuse to resolve the effects if the character using the ability has Goodwill Refusal

7. Incidents happen
If there is an Incident for this day, announce if it happens or not
(culprit is alive and has enough Paranoia), and then resolve if possible

8. Switch Leader
Leader gives Leader card to next player in turn

9. Day end – night
Day end effects happen here

If this was not the last day:
Go back to Day start of next day

If this was the last day:
Go to Loop end resolve.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CARD LIST

This is a list of the action cards that the Protagonists and the Mastermind use, together with some details on exactly how the cards work. Use this if some effects conflict and/or you don’t know in what order to resolve things. “Together” here means “played on the same location or character”.

PROTAGONIST CARDS

Paranoia +1
Place 1 Paranoia counter on this character. If together with a Forbid Paranoia, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If together with a Paranoia –1, the +1 goes first.
Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Paranoia –1 only once per loop
Remove 1 Paranoia counter from this character. If together with a Forbid Paranoia, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If together with a Paranoia +1, the +1 goes first. Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Goodwill +1
Place 1 Goodwill counter on this character. If together with a Forbid Goodwill, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Goodwill +2 only once per loop
Place 2 Goodwill counters on this character. If together with a Forbid Goodwill, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. Placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid Intrigue
If on the same spot as an Intrigue +1 or +2 , this takes precedence and nothing happens. However, if 2 or more players have played Forbid Intrigue on the same day (no matter where on the playing field), they nullify each other.

Movement - vertical
This character moves either up or down. If together with another vertical movement, it’s still a vertical movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a horizontal movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If together with a diagonal movement, they combine to
form a horizontal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Movement - horizontal
This character moves either left or right. If together with another horizontal movement, it’s still a horizontal movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a vertical movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If together with a diagonal movement, they combine to form a vertical movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid movement only once per loop
If together with a Movement card, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.

MASTERMIND CARDS

2x Paranoia +1
Place 1 Paranoia counter on this character. If together with a Paranoia –1, the +1 goes first.
If placed on a location, nothing happens. The Mastermind has 2 of these.

Paranoia –1
Remove 1 Paranoia counter from this character. If together with a Paranoia +1, the +1 goes first. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid Paranoia
If together with a Paranoia +1 or Paranoia –1, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.
If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Forbid Goodwill
If together with a Goodwill +1 or Goodwill +2, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Intrigue +1
Place 1 Intrigue counter on this character or location. If together with a Forbid Intrigue card, and only one Forbid Intrigue card is played this day, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.

Intrigue +2 only once per loop
Place 2 Intrigue counters on this character or location. If together with a Forbid Intrigue card, and only one Forbid Intrigue card is played this day, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens.

Movement - vertical
This character moves either up or down. If together with Forbid Movement, the Forbid takes
precedence and nothing happens. If together with another vertical movement, it’s still a vertical movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a horizontal movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Movement - horizontal
This character moves either left or right. If together with Forbid Movement, the Forbid takes
precedence and nothing happens. If together with another horizontal movement, it’s still a horizontal movement (they do not nullify each other). If together with a vertical movement, they combine to form a diagonal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.

Movement - diagonal only once per loop
This character moves diagonally. If together with Forbid Movement, the Forbid takes precedence and nothing happens. If together with a horizontal movement, they combine to form a vertical movement. If together with a vertical movement, they combine to form a horizontal movement. If placed on a location, nothing happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"First Steps" player aid (click through for larger version)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Confirmed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

I have expressed a similar view for the #1/#2 games - but am pretty sure I'm too late for those. If not, I will declare asap here.

As matters stand - IN!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
I'm in.

I have expressed a similar view for the #1/#2 games - but am pretty sure I'm too late for those. If not, I will declare asap here.

As matters stand - IN!

Yeah #1 has already started and I think there are several people lined up for the last spot in #2. So you're here. Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Alan - am happy to be in here!

Edit: Also, if it helps: GMT is currently Maryland + 5 hours.

So: now zulu = 19:38; ML = 14:38
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Beloch wrote:
Thanks Alan - am happy to be in here!

Edit: Also, if it helps: GMT is currently Maryland + 5 hours.

So: now zulu = 19:38; ML = 14:38

ok. I think GMT is currently Maryland + 4 but either way, no big deal. Gustave154 is in GMT+8 so I'll have to give him some time to respond to his invitation to this game. Stay tuned!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Akmal
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry guys for the late reply xD
Of course i'm in!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
You're right Alan; I'm confused because we're currently on BST not GMT (daylight savings and all that rubbish!)

Looking forward to this. Read the rules last night and didn't find them terribly easy to follow. I'm sure it'll become clear (!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tragedy Looper PBF #3 - The First Script - in progress - WARNING: FIRST SCRIPT SPOILERS
gustave154 wrote:
Sorry guys for the late reply xD
Of course i'm in!!!

great! we will get started soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tragedy Looper PBF #3 - The First Script - in progress - WARNING: FIRST SCRIPT SPOILERS
Beloch wrote:
You're right Alan; I'm confused because we're currently on BST not GMT (daylight savings and all that rubbish!)

Looking forward to this. Read the rules last night and didn't find them terribly easy to follow. I'm sure it'll become clear (!)
Don't worry, it does. Really!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GAME START
Reminder: Below this post there are First Script spoilers. Anyone wishing to play The First Script as a Protagonist should stop reading now!

Protagonists know nothing at the start of the game, other than what is above and what is on their "First Steps" player aids.

Table Talk is ENABLED for this game. Please feel free to discuss what is happening during the game at anytime. Please, no GeekMails or private discussions outside this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loop 1 of 3
Day 1 of 4
Phase 1: Day Start

The board looks like this:

Hospital Shrine
Doctor Shrine Maiden

City School
Police Officer Boy Student
Office Worker Girl Student

Nothing out of the ordinary happens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loop 1 of 3
Day 1 of 4
Phase 2: Mastermind actions

The mastermind plays a card on the following:
Doctor
Girl Student
Office Worker

The board looks like this:

Hospital Shrine
Doctormb Shrine Maiden

City School
Police Officer Boy Student
Office Workermb Girl Studentmb

Mastermind thoughts (added post-game):
Spoiler (click to reveal)
+1 paranoia on the Doctor and Office Worker, Vertical Movement on the Girl Student.

This is the opening recommended by the Masterbook. The goal is to have the Shrine Maiden kill the Girl Student at the end of Day 1. If the Girl Student moves elsewhere, giving the Office Worker some Paranoia can help set up a Day 2 kill. Playing Paranoia on the Doctor is a bluff that the Doctor is a culprit, to help obscure the fact that the Office Worker is a culprit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Rathstar Alan
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loop 1 of 3
Day 1 of 4
Phase 3: Protagonist Actions

Beloch is the leader.

Protagonists, feel free to collaborate openly and discuss your plans in the thread. When you have decided what to play, please post your choice in bold in the thread (like this: "I play [card] on the [character/location].") Technically this should be done clockwise from the leader; however, with open table talk, the order doesn't really matter. To help coordinate with protagonists from different time zones, your cards can be played in any order. Once you bold what you're doing, it cannot be undone!

Once all cards are played we will proceed to phase 4.

Reminder: only one protagonist card can be played on a location/character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok folks, starter for 10:

I am thinking that the Office Worker is not a bad starting point. For 3 Goodwill he will reveal his own role in whatever goings-on are going on.

So my first thought is to play a +1 Goodwill on him. It would need one or both of you other guys to play (i.e. 2 x +1 or 1 x +2) if we want a payoff this day.

Of course the Mastermind (Boooo!) has placed a card already on the Office Worker - which might be a forbid card, which would mean we're wasting Goodwill. But at this stage in the game I am guessing that taking a stab in the dark is as good an approach as any.

I'm open of course to any persuasion - I might've missed something obvious.

Edit: I meant day, not loop

Edit2: ok, I got this wrong already! You guys CAN'T play a card where I've played a card.
But that doesn't change my plan at this point. So I'll see what else you suggest before I rethink my office worker approach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Akmal
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Makes alot of sense leader. The mastermind is probably gonna make someone die in the first day so i think its best that we just use goodwill to make some of these guys help us.

Since Goodwill +2 can only be placed once per loop i think lets give it to each character. Or we can just use our forbid cards on all of his cards xD

I don't know we don't have any information on what plot and subplot the mastermind is up to here so we just gotta let someone die folks. I know it sucks cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for that Muhammad. Let's see what Azgard thinks. I am guessing our time zones mean we'll have some waiting around to do.

Also: it occurs to me that it might make sense to play +1 cards first. If we play a +2 then I reckon mastermind will want to try to block us with - cards or forbid cards; but maybe I'm overthinking it at this stage. Just seems to me it might be better to keep the +2 cards to "score" once we're in reach of a total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Akmal
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yeah I agree with you Paul. Putting Goodwill +2 is pretty useless now since all the good cards need 3 hearts and above to activate like the Office Worker, Police Officer and the Shrine Maiden.

We can try putting Goodwill +1 and see how the mastermind reacts on the next day. That's assuming nobody dies tonight and we don't loop whistle

Maybe we can place Forbid Cards and hope for the best? Lets put Forbid Movement (once per loop) cards to counter the Mastermind. Its stupid but we will get alot of information this way laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys have a much tighter sense of what are goals are than I seem to.

That said, after reading everything, I had the same inclination about the Office Worker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite like the Forbid option.

Azgard - not remotely, I'm really stabbing in the dark. Always good, though, when the BS looks meaningful laugh

Can I suggest I do +1 goodwill office worker, and you two either play forbids to hold up MM where he's placed cards, or up another goodwill with just +1?

I will hold off bolding anything till we're all agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.