Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Acquire an item rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan blank
msg tools
Trying to acquire staff of minor healing with merisiel. It says on the card Wisdom, divine 7 check. Then I get to roll My wisdom die (d6) + perception (+2) right? Can I also reveal eyes of the eagle to add a 1d6 for the check?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Vargas
United States
Chevy Chase
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
If the card says Wisdom, divine 7 check, you can use your wisdom check (1d6) or your divine check (Merisiel doesn't have the divine skill so it would be 1d4) only, you can use your perception chek (1d6 +2) only for checks that ask specifically for perception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You can't use perception because it isn't an option in the check to acquire box on the Staff of Minor Healing. So you just have to roll your Wisdom. For the same reason, Eyes of the Eagle won't help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
Your divine check would be 1d4 since Merisiel doesn't have the divine skill.

Your +2 to perception only applies to perception checks.

It isn't a perception check, so eyes of the eagle wouldn't apply.

Basically you only get a d6 for your wisdom unless you use a blessing, and that would give you another d6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
steantera wrote:
Trying to acquire staff of minor healing with merisiel. It says on the card Wisdom or divine 7 check. Then I get to roll My wisdom die (d6) + perception (+2) right? Can I also reveal eyes of the eagle to add a 1d6 for the check?

FTFY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.