Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Keyflower» Forums » General

Subject: FIND IT AMAZING IT'S BEEN OUT FOR 2 YEARS AND IT'S # 35 OF ALL TIME rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: CRUISE_CONTROL_FOR_COOL [+] [View All]
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've obviously seen countless videos and read a bunch of reviews about this.. Looks like a Gem. I would like some feedback on how it scales btw 2p and then 4p.. since I mostly game with those two amounts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ozzy - within our gaming group we typically play 4 player.
Personally, whilst the game can be played with 6, we wouldn't recommend it.
As you can place your workers in other player villages, with more players this can slow game play down as people lean over the table to see where else they can place workers etc.
I've not played two player and due to the range of winter tiles that could appear, would suspect its a bit more cut-throat than 3/4 player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Honig
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking from experience, it plays very well at 3p, 4p, and 5p. I have not played 2p or 6p but I have heard it still works well at those counts.

The only problem 2p is the reduced number of tiles coming out each season adding more randomness to what strategies work well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i just wish i could get this to the table more frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheeler
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play all our games two player and find it very enjoyable. You get more hidden winter tiles to choose from than in higher player games, giving you access to several endgames depending on what comes out in previous seasons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the feedback Rob. That sounds good.. I love gaming with 4p, it's sort of my sweet spot with the games that I have.. but 2p is crucial because sometimes it's just the lady and I... and the more cut-throat 2p games are, the better lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why doesn't find it's way? It's clearly one of the best games of recent times.. I would imagine this hits every gaming table in town.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice.. glad to hear that. It looks like this is going to be my next purchase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see... thanks for the reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've primarily played it with two and it works really well! Go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome dude, thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a bidding game, it works amazingly well with two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Marsh
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
badge
ahh, get it off.. get it... GET IT OFF!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it with 6 a couple of times and I think it only gets better with six as opposed to 4. there will be a good deal more back-stabbing - last minute bids, blocking by using people's village tiles, etc.

I have a session review that I posted from earlier this year that was a 6 player game that you can check out here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I literally don't read anything bad about this game.. I think it's possible this one will crack the top 5 eventually. It seems like a really tight game full of so many possibilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
More often than not I'm playing this game 2 player ~ the wife and myself ~ and it's fantastic. Possibly our favourite game.

BTW.. Terra Mystica was released in the same year and it's currently sitting at #4. I acquired it just a few weeks back and I can say we've really been enjoying our 2p games ~ They say TM is even better with more at the table, and I'd believe it.

If you're looking to get Keyflower for predominantly 2p ... I'd say do it, there's a very high chance (if you already think it's looking good) you won't regret it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff.. And terra mystica at # 4 is mindblowing. I've spent some time reading about it but the theme doesn't really catch my eye.... So i assume that mechanically it must be a marvel of a game.. I just got into the hobbie a couple of months ago and it's kinda overwhelming.. Cause am getting like 3 new games a month n it's a lot of hours of dedication btw learning the rules n playing them lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Turner
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played Keyflower yet, but I've watched many of the reviews and walkthroughs. My impression is that it a unique game that really works well with two. It is also many people's favorite game, so I think it has earned its lofty spot. I'm at the point that I know I want to pickup Keyflower and the expansions in the not too distant future.

I think I've also come to the conclusion that I should just wait on the Kickstarter that will likely launch alongside the Merchants expansion. I figure that will be the best deal for Keyflower, the Merchants, and possibly the Farmers as well. The only downside is I might miss out on a few of the interesting promos like the Emporium & Monument and the Storyteller. I would still have a shot at the Trader promo, which I think will be part of the Kickstarter, and the Beekeeper promo, which will be available on the BGG store. I imagine that would offer enough variety to keep Keyflower fresh even if my wife and I play it very often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw. How long r those 2p sessions taking for terra mystica? I read that it can go for a good while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Miller
United States
Brunswick
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played with 2 and it's great but the tile randomness can mess you up. We had one game with almost no resource producing tiles. With 6 which I felt was a bit too long. we went about 3 1/2 hours with 6. Either way it's a great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:
Btw. How long r those 2p sessions taking for terra mystica? I read that it can go for a good while.

It says 30 min per player on the box, and I've read that some players can hit that (or less) ...but being that we've only played the game a handful of times and each time we've used different races, we're still discovering how things should be best done. So our games have been around the 2 hourish mark (not what I'd personally call a long game, possibly for someone with a shorter attention span ;p).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours is a great time for me if there's depth.. But anything over three hours n reaching four, would not get many plays in my house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Cody
United States
Columbus
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:

I love terra mystica to death and have played a decent amount of 2 player. I don't think I've ever had a game (other than the first one) with 2 players go over an hour and fifteen minutes. I do have to say that it doesn't play nearly as well with 2 as it does with 3-5 because of certain mechanisms. I've never played keyflower so I can't say whether or not its any good, but there are a lot of cult of the new games in the top 40 actually. Eldritch Horror and Caverna are both only like a year old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Myers
United States
Redmond
WA
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
SapoLJackson wrote:

We've played 4 player games in an hour, but we used the DGT timing cube to get there. I've played 2 player games of it in around an hour without a timer, though. It's fun, but I do think 3-4 is a better number for Terra Mystica. (Keyflower I haven't gotten to try w/ 2 yet, I imagine it's good, but I'm unsure!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess only people with serious cases of AP take 3 hours+.. Am totally fine with anything two hours or less if there's depth...I think am going to check it out then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caverna's on my wishlist... I just got Agricola all creatures a few days ago so am sure I'll most likely graduate to Agricola/Caverna in a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.