45 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Blind booster predictions for Resistance Is Futile OP. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Staley
msg tools
What are your picks for the next five blind boosters for the Resistance Is Futile OP? Will we see ship for five other factions or will we see the same five from The Collective OP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bueckert
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we'll see different factions.

Vulcan - the one photo from SDCC seemed to suggest maybe another D'Kyr (although that would be high on points)
Kazon - maybe?
Mirror Universe - not sure what ship it would be though
Independent - lots of options there

Not sure on the fifth... probably Feds I guess. Although it would be cool to see a small Species ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1stDragoon wrote:
What are your picks for the next five blind boosters for the Resistance Is Futile OP? Will we see ship for five other factions or will we see the same five from The Collective OP?

I feel like I remember when both Borg OP arcs were originally announced that both would be using blind boosters of the same factions (ie. the four main and independent).

That said, if the designers do choose to stray from this, I think it is safe to assume that we definitely would not see any Species 8472 or Borg in the Boosters since both (aside from the scout vessel) focus on ships that are too highly costed to be used in the Blind Booster format.

I would love to be surprised though and see different factions or, even, a lower cost companion 8472 ship to the Bioship Alpha. Though I think this is nearly impossible happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If they're going with the same factions and sealed point level for the next arc, that puts the Romulans in a weird position, since another Bird of Prey is really the only combat ship they have near that point range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dominion Wars arc was a DS9 theme, and The Collective was definitely Next Generation. I'm guessing that Resistance is Futile will be a Voyager themed event, so maybe this time the blind boosters will feature ships from that show. Maybe the Kazon, Hirogen, Videan, etc.? Perhaps the Dauntless will be a blind booster ship?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking Federation, Species 8472 (Bioship Beta), Borg, Kazon, Independent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Montgomery
United States
Modesto
California
flag msg tools
badge
The Shipyard - Star Trek Attack Wing spoilers and reviews
mbmbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
If they're going with the same factions and sealed point level for the next arc, that puts the Romulans in a weird position, since another Bird of Prey is really the only combat ship they have near that point range.

They could give us a Romulan D7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathguy6189 wrote:
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:

That would be baller.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Hopefully an Akira class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry DeStefano
United States
Bloomingburg
New York
flag msg tools
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
mathguy6189 wrote:
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:

That would be baller.

I thought the Rom D-7 was going be in this pack... kinda wasted now because they already gave us the Tal and Livania...who would be the crew???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hadrian132 wrote:
I thought the Rom D-7 was going be in this pack... kinda wasted now because they already gave us the Tal and Livania...who would be the crew???

Romulan Helmsman, Romulan Science Officer, Romulan Janitor, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Kohanek

Midland
Texas
msg tools
mb
I would put the janitor on all my ships.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Knightime32 wrote:
The Dominion Wars arc was a DS9 theme, and The Collective was definitely Next Generation. I'm guessing that Resistance is Futile will be a Voyager themed event, so maybe this time the blind boosters will feature ships from that show. Maybe the Kazon, Hirogen, Videan, etc.? Perhaps the Dauntless will be a blind booster ship?

Except the Vorta Vor was TOS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VarelseShrike wrote:
I am thinking Federation, Species 8472 (Bioship Beta), Borg, Kazon, Independent.

The Species ship would probably be too big for a ship that's tacked on at the end of the build (naked, its 38 points!). The others are possible (a second scout cube would be on par with the B'Moth points-wise).

I'm not sure which way they'll go -- either the same 5 factions, or new ones. I'd think that different factions would be welcome: Bajoran (interceptor or scout ship), Vulcan (another suurok!), Ferengi (D'kora), Kazon (raider) could all use an extra ship even if its a named of an existing class. Of course, going with the same 5 is a good way to bolster the main factions now that 3 of them aren't getting very many releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Chest
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinvictus wrote:
Knightime32 wrote:

I think that was just the only ship class that could work for the Romulan Faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ghost Runner
msg tools
mb
Assimilated Klingon Brel
Assimilated rom warbird
Assimilated nebula or excelsior?
Assimilated galor?
Assimilated ferengi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love a mid 20s point Romulan ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Kohanek

Midland
Texas
msg tools
mb
TheWaspinator wrote:
I would love a mid 20s point Romulan ship.

Even another names Valdore class would be nice. Just for the crew alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They've shown they'll do mulitple cards of the same character so if they did do a Stormbird, it'd be nice to see a decent version of the captain and Tal. My only issue is the stats and what they'd be.

Personally, I'd like to see it changed up a bit and have these be 26-32 point ships, requiring 40 points of our fleet to be made up of the blind-buy.

Would allow them to put some different ships out. Enterprise-B, Hood, Akira, another Valdore/DD, another BoP, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Anderson
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We know we're getting an Avatar of Tomed and it has not shown up in solicits for retail. That mean's we are getting in either in Blind or Prize format.

If the Avatar is coming in blind format, that would signal a change in build for Resistance. My guess would be for a 80 pre/40 blind format.

If the Avatar is a prize ship, I don't expect any changes in the formats. That leaves us with 22ish point ships. My only opinion here is the USS Saratoga (Miranda class).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Coon
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Knightime32 wrote:
Zinvictus wrote:
Knightime32 wrote:

I think that was just the only ship class that could work for the Romulan Faction.

I agree, though it could have been very very interesting if something was tried with a different science or scout vessel. Something intentionally more military-minded. If the idea was to only do TNG/DS9-era ships
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:
mathguy6189 wrote:
PanicAtTheSisko wrote:

That would be baller.

heh, seems like Hope against Hope, if you ask me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ellis Norris
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
agntorenge wrote:
Hopefully an Akira class.

i think that would be bad. Akira is one of the ships that if it isn't a general release, people are gonna be mad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd be curious to see what comes with that one as it'd definitely be another hodge-podge pack like the Yaeger. It'd be all on the model though. No-one has any idea what it can do as it's barely been on screen.

Re: Romulan D7 - yeah, I don't think we're likely to see that at all. Which makes me a sad panda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shrike
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
What do you expect to find behind here, King Kong?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ghostrunner wrote:
Assimilated Klingon Brel
Assimilated rom warbird
Assimilated nebula or excelsior?
Assimilated galor?
Assimilated ferengi?

Man, that would anger a lot of people assuming these are all Borg factioned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.