Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
The producer has started using magnets to hold the plane to the antennas. This works very well with plastic models as they are not heavy enough to slide off the pole when moving. I went around to most of the model shops in the area and picked up 12 models for an average of 4$ apiece.
This is the cheapest way to go and they look better then the metal ones.

Does anyone have any ideas for movement without a map. It is a little to rich for my blood.

Does anyone know the producers website so that we can post it here permenetly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James G.
United States
Unspecified
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek wrote:
The producer has started using magnets to hold the plane to the antennas. This works very well with plastic models as they are not heavy enough to slide off the pole when moving. I went around to most of the model shops in the area and picked up 12 models for an average of 4$ apiece.
This is the cheapest way to go and they look better then the metal ones.

Does anyone have any ideas for movement without a map. It is a little to rich for my blood.

Does anyone know the producers website so that we can post it here permenetly

Very Cool,i will be doing the magnet upgrades for my canvas eagles planes as well.

As to maps? we have played around with converting Canvas Eagles to inches movement in my group. Not sure how that would work with Aerodrome though. I would love to find alternative maps. A couple of my friends have tossed around the idea of printing out ariel recon photos on a blueprint printer and laying a clear overlay with hexs on it.

And finally i just posted what i think is the offical site in the links section

Jim G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Williams
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be great if someone posted how to get the rules. I have moved to Canvas Eagles.

For a map, if you have Battlemasters, use that. Failing that, you can keep an eye open on Ebay for Battlemasters parts. I got an extra map for $5 that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Condon
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
I used to play a "grandfather" of this game in the early 1970's in the Pacific Northwest. We used expanable curtain rods to mount 1/72nd scale models and played on a gym floor. No map, we used turning circles with various diameters for turning and yardsticks for straight flight. Rosters were kept and moves were written in secrete on clip boards and compared simultaniously. Great fun!
J.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grace Whelan
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can get the rules here:

http://www.thelondonwarroom.com/Aerodrome%201.1%20Page%201.h...

As for a cheap map, try using Battlemasters maps...or do what our group did and buy a cheap tablecloth from wal-mart. We used the kind that is sort of plastic on top and fuzzyon the bottom (its thicker than pure plastic). The spray paint it or hand paint it with gren. brown or whatever. Then use a sharpie and draw your hexeson. You can do this bytracing your hex base over and over. Doesn't take too long and you can make whatever terrain look you'd like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.