Brussels
Jette
flag msg tools
Daddy & Boardgamer in Brussels - Belgium
badge
Founder of Boardgame Monkeys
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I have some questions reading through the english version of the rules you published on BGG :

A. OBJECT OF THE GAME

(First off, wouldn't we say "objective" of the game ?)

I understand that we get a quest (from a card/storybook). But if we don't want to accomplish the quest, we can alternatively either defeat 3 monsters or 3 magical orbs.

In any of those 3 possibilities, we have to go back to King's castle to claim the victory, correct?

Actually, it is correct from what I read further, reading the end of the rules -> I really advise to rework the writing of your objective point and include the paragraph from G. END OF THE GAME which will make it much more clearer what we need to achieve.

E. FORTS

Can we built forts that will be more than 3 disks with the so called "transfer spell"
How many of those transfer spell do we have in the card deck ?

F. BATTLES

I did not understand the re-roll on the +2 purple battle die.

If I roll a +2 and then I reroll a +2 and then a +1 that means i add up 5 points in total for my battle?

MAGIC ORBS

Why do we have several magic orbs colors in the rulebook ? What's the difference ?

By collecting ANY three magic orbs, that means that the Cursed magic orbs also counts as a magic orb for my total of 3 Orbs, correct ?

(that's a bit strange, that means a player who beats you and gives you a Cursed Orb is actually helping you win the game ..)

Some comments about the rules:

Reading the rules was not too complex, but you really need to produce a player aid (if not printed in the box, at least one published on BGG). It will help greatly for a quick game start.

Illustrations are good - but I'm missing a complete turn example in the rules.

In terms of reading through the rules, using constantly the = "see chapter X" is really not streamlined for the reading - we have to go back & forth between paragraphs which makes the rules reading heavy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindwarrior Games
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Pierre-Gilles! Thank you for reading the rules, and thank you for your tips and questions. I answer your questions below:

pecquereau wrote:

A. OBJECT OF THE GAME
First off, wouldn't we say "objective" of the game ?

You can, if you want to!

pecquereau wrote:

I understand that we get a quest (from a card/storybook). But if we don't want to accomplish the quest, we can alternatively either defeat 3 monsters or 3 magical orbs.

In any of those 3 possibilities, we have to go back to King's castle to claim the victory, correct?

Yes!

pecquereau wrote:

Can we built forts that will be more than 3 disks with the so called "transfer spell"
How many of those transfer spell do we have in the card deck ?

The rules say: "Players can build Forts of 1-3 Fort Discs on Magic Wells when standing in a Well space. With the Transfer Spell even higher forts can be built."
So, yes! You can build Forts with a height of more than 3 discs using the Transfer Spell. There are 6 Transfer Spells in the deck. Note that the more discs you use for a single Fort, the less you have to claim new Wells...

pecquereau wrote:

If I roll a +2 and then I reroll a +2 and then a +1 that means i add up 5 points in total for my battle?

Lucky guess after not having understood. Because you are... CORRECT!

pecquereau wrote:

By collecting ANY three magic orbs, that means that the Cursed magic orbs also counts as a magic orb for my total of 3 Orbs, correct ?

(that's a bit strange, that means a player who beats you and gives you a Cursed Orb is actually helping you win the game ..)

I won't help you on this one... But you have understood it just right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W*m L**naerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Reading the rules was not too complex, but you really need to produce a player aid (if not printed in the box, at least one published on BGG). It will help greatly for a quick game start.

Illustrations are good - but I'm missing a complete turn example in the rules.

In terms of reading through the rules, using constantly the = "see chapter X" is really not streamlined for the reading - we have to go back & forth between paragraphs which makes the rules reading heavy.

Totally agree with these three comments. The first one came to mind immediately after reading how you magic points can be acquired and what they can be used for. This really needs a (card sized) player aid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markku Laine
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
who's there?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your feedback!

Now there is Quick reference sheet available.
http://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/186603/realm-wonder-quick-r...

Also there is new Optional rule for more hardcore players.
http://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/186604/realm-wonder-optiona...

Please keep up with the great feedback! We really appreciate your feedback and we are trying to make the start of the game as easy as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markku Laine
Finland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
who's there?
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to let you know that we are also planning to make an example of a full cycle of players turns, including an example of combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kriechbaumer
Germany
flag msg tools
Just bought the game at the Messe Essen (without playing it - too crowded =)
That's why I have some questions on the rules after the first game:

1) is the number of Bonus Discs (+1 Combat or movement) limited to 3, since there are only three spaces on the character cards?

2) same for the tower bonuses; limited to the 5 slots on the character card?

3) does -if 1) is true- the "I achieved the kings task"-disc take up one of these spaces?

4) does the Hot air baloon allow me to cross over water spaces?

5) Comparing the Golem to the Troll: isn't the special ability of the troll better then the Golem ones, since he can cross all spaces for 1 Movement point while the Golem is limited to only walls? Region limitation doesn't look like it's going to be much of a bother, since the Golem too won't cross several walls in different regions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindwarrior Games
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mb
fchenjaeger wrote:
Just bought the game at the Messe Essen (without playing it - too crowded =)
That's why I have some questions on the rules after the first game:

1) is the number of Bonus Discs (+1 Combat or movement) limited to 3, since there are only three spaces on the character cards?

It depends how hardcore you would like to make the game. The rules do not mention the limit, so NO, you can have more than 3 Bonus Discs. I guess you can play harder and limit it to 3 if you want.

Quote:
2) same for the tower bonuses; limited to the 5 slots on the character card?

Same as above - no limit in the rules.

Quote:

3) does -if 1) is true- the "I achieved the kings task"-disc take up one of these spaces?

Not relevant now.

Quote:

4) does the Hot air baloon allow me to cross over water spaces?

Nothing mentioned about crossing the oceans. You can assume that it does not let you cross.

Quote:
5) Comparing the Golem to the Troll: isn't the special ability of the troll better then the Golem ones, since he can cross all spaces for 1 Movement point while the Golem is limited to only walls? Region limitation doesn't look like it's going to be much of a bother, since the Golem too won't cross several walls in different regions.

Yes, they look similar but by going through a wall Golem can take a shorter way, i.e. he needs not to go around the wall and say spend an extra step doing so, even if that extra field was a cheap one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vortex Surfer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zetorix wrote:

Now there is Quick reference sheet available.
http://boardgamegeek.com/weblink/186603/realm-wonder-quick-r...

The link is dead.
A reference sheet would make a nice game even better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindwarrior Games
Finland
Pori
flag msg tools
mb
If you click on the word "Link", the link works. It is probably some temporary BGG issue.

http://www.toadkings.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/QR.pdf

Hope this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vortex Surfer
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mindwarrior_Games wrote:
If you click on the word "Link", the link works. It is probably some temporary BGG issue.

Hope this helps!

Of course it does, thanx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Stolarczyk
Poland
PoznaƄ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mindwarrior_Games wrote:

Hope this helps!

Hi
Link is dead again. Could you provide me with mentioned file?
Thanks in advance.
AiS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenrir Jarl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would like to get the link.

The game itself might be great, but rules are just terrible. Especially polish translation. I have understood most of the rules after two games played and reading rules again, but in english this time.
Chapter about resolving who goes first is the most confusing in polish translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.