Subject: Turn Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pedro Batista
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been looking at the rules about turns and the turn tracks from Jake and Ilya.
The rules say that you move the turn marker one space at the end of a turn and that you end the game immediatly after you move the marker to the end space of the track.
So using Ilya's track you have one less turn in the game, and every event(morale loss and train mission) happens one turn early.

I want to know if the right way to play the game in normal mode is, by using Jake turn track:
- The first time you lose morale is at the end of turn 3.
- The first time you can attempt the train mission is only after turn 6.

Is this the correct way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pmbatista wrote:

I want to know if the right way to play the game in normal mode is, by using Jake turn track:

Is this the correct way?

Yes, it is.

I hadn't noticed the difference with Ilya's track before - I guess anyone who feels like they need the extra turn's boost should start the turn counter on the "Maquis" logo and move onto turn 1 at the end of the first turn!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bichatse wrote:
pmbatista wrote:

Is this the correct way?

Yes, it is.

I hadn't noticed the difference with Ilya's track before - I guess anyone who feels like they need the extra turn's boost should start the turn counter on the "Maquis" logo and move onto turn 1 at the end of the first turn!

WOW!!! I think it's a bit odd that Ilya decided to change balance in the game by deleting 1 round - in such tight game 1 round is a big difference:/ Any ideas why he did that? After all many people have no idea about it, since they have only 1 of the versions...

although now I read his version of the rules: it says in setup section:" Place marker tokens on the start spaces of the morale track, the soldier track and next to day 1 on the turn track." So maybe he meant well by not placing the marker on day 1 but next to it! And after 1st round player would place this marker on day 1. But later in Upkeep phase he doesn't write anything about it :/ it's the same wording as in original rules ...

anyways, good to know - maybe now I can win at normal level

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donatello23 wrote:

WOW!!! I think it's a bit odd that Ilya decided to change balance in the game by deleting 1 round - in such tight game 1 round is a big difference:/ Any ideas why he did that? After all many people have no idea about it, since they have only 1 of the versions...

I doubt it was a conscious decision - Ilya was very respectful of the game design when he was making his changes and did check everything with me before releasing it, I just missed this as well! I expect it's just a different approach to thinking about tracks, to be honest.

(And to be fair to him, he didn't write the version of the rules that's themed to his redesign - they were supplied by another generous chap some time later, who was broadly translating the original rulebook to Ilya's graphics - e.g. stuff like the little shield to denote a 'safe' action instead of a coloured arrow.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thanks for clarification, you're probably right he didn't do it on purpose.
I think he has done amazing job and am grateful for his work! And from now on I will be playing with round 0 as in the original

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
donatello23 wrote:

I doubt it was a conscious decision - Ilya was very respectful of the game design when he was making his changes and did check everything with me before releasing it, I just missed this as well! I expect it's just a different approach to thinking about tracks, to be honest.

(And to be fair to him, he didn't write the version of the rules that's themed to his redesign - they were supplied by another generous chap some time later, who was broadly translating the original rulebook to Ilya's graphics - e.g. stuff like the little shield to denote a 'safe' action instead of a coloured arrow.)

Maquis » Forums » Rules 
Re: Turn Track

Jake can I ask about the end turn space?...

On the file page for Ilya's map there is a comment saying that you should lose 1 moral at the end of the game. It's not marked in the redesign but is a quick fix if needs be. Can you confirm if that's correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gspace32 wrote:

On the file page for Ilya's map there is a comment saying that you should lose 1 moral at the end of the game. It's not marked in the redesign but is a quick fix if needs be. Can you confirm if that's correct?

Yes, that is correct. The "END" space should be marked to reduce morale by one if playing on normal difficulty.

(That is, in the terms of Ilya's redesign, it should be orange as opposed to beige, but not have an asterisk on it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Hall
msg tools
mbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
Gspace32 wrote:

Yes, that is correct. The "END" space should be marked to reduce morale by one if playing on normal difficulty.

(That is, in the terms of Ilya's redesign, it should be orange as opposed to beige, but not have an asterisk on it.)

Thank you Jake, I can't wait to try this... I'm going to recommend it to my FB pnp group :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.