Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Mrasek
Canada
New Tecumseth
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Then let me be the first to offer my play testing serviceswhistle

I agree though it would be a daunting task.Having played many many games of Runewars there are many things that balance the game and they were obviously not developed by chance. I would almost prefer that another game with perhaps a different theme + some new mechanics was developed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it has to do with how popular the game is. What would expected sales of the expansion be, and if the time required to deliver a good product would be profitable.

-M
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Le Psquadou
Canada
Gatineau
Qu├ębec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment FFG doesn't seem to give much attention to their own IP anyway, aside Descent.

They are putting most of their efforts in Starwars, Netrunner, Warhammer and other Money Milking *arhem* 'DLC' products. Which is the logical thing to do business wise.

But I keep my fingers crossed, one day these long awaited factions will be announced. *insert sarcasm* each faction sold separately and leaders also sold separately. But I digress..

I don't think playtesting has anything to do with it. They are just focusing on other IP's.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonja Reznikov
Canada
North York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
years ago when there was no Runewars and Corey was not a game designer, my older brothers used to play Battlemist which was published by Fantasy Flight Games and it had six factions and the game was fairly balanced. many of its game mechanics were used to create Runewars.
I think FFG will visit Runewars again after they are finished with Talisman and Descent.
FFG gave us a little taste of the 2 potential new factions in their card game Rune Age in the expansion Rune Age: Oath and Anvil.
I am hoping soon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marcello king
msg tools
Well it would be really nice to see a new expanion i really liked the banners of war one. With its new cards to polish my elves its just so much more fun to play

But i dont think there will come a new expansion. They did the revised edition but did not the revised edition of banners of war. So i dont think they will announce a new product. sadly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
MarcelloKing wrote:
They did the revised edition but did not the revised edition of banners of war.

I don't think they need to do a revised edition of the expansion; it's compatible with the revised edition as is. All they need to do is reprint it, and they may still be actively doing so as needed for all I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.