Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two weeks ago I received a busted up game from Funagain.com

The shipping box was in perfect condition and had plenty of protection, which lead me to believe it was dinged up before it was shipped. The copy i bought was listed as "new" and definitely not a ding & dent.

Really, this is a pretty small issue. Usually, in my experience, a store will refund a small % of the purchase price to make up for the damages or offer a solution involving returning the game.

I wish I even got that far. After two weeks and three emails, I haven't heard anything. i've even been checking my junk mail every day just to be sure I didn't accidently miss a response. I don't do a lot of business with Funagain, so I wonder- is this normal customer service for them? If so, I don't plan on returning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toby
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Funagain- hello? is anybody home?
When I did a password reset on Funagain once I would never get the emails containing the reset links. They weren't in my spam folder or anything. I contacted them and did get an email back explaining that they'd occasionally heard of this problem and that the emails could be getting culled by my ISP prior to ever getting to me due to something peculiar about the nature of their auto-emails. I did further digging and figured out this was indeed happening.

Which is a long way of saying: there's a CHANCE their emails are indeed getting filtered out before you have any (easily accessible) say in the matter, due to something about THEIR specific emails.

EDIT: typo "I" not "A"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Knauss
United States
Winter Garden
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RhodesN7 wrote:
Two weeks ago I received a busted up game from Funagain.com

The shipping box was in perfect condition and had plenty of protection, which lead me to believe it was dinged up before it was shipped. The copy i bought was listed as "new" and definitely not a ding & dent.

Really, this is a pretty small issue. Usually, in my experience, a store will refund a small % of the purchase price to make up for the damages or offer a solution involving returning the game.

I wish I even got that far. After two weeks and three emails, I haven't heard anything. i've even been checking my junk mail every day just to be sure I didn't accidently miss a response. I don't do a lot of business with Funagain, so I wonder- is this normal customer service for them? If so, I don't plan on returning.

The only time I had a shipping issue with FunAgain was when I ordered the anniversary copy of Axis and Allies. My copy of the game arrived with a slightly damaged box. They were quick to answer my contact email and quickly sent me a new copy of the game. Only after I received a new copy they had me ship the damaged copy back to them at their cost. All in all I think they handled my issue expertly.
Given my history with them, I used to libe by their Ashland store, I would recommend that you attempt to give them a phone call and see if you can get better results that way. I have always found them easy to work with.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, I know it sucks to receive a damaged game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickon V
United States
Dover Foxcroft
Maine
flag msg tools
I tried ordering from Funagain once. Never again. There were problems with my order and they were very rude. I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau and Funagain would not answer their inquires. So my experience, they are fine as long as there are no problems. If there are problems, they won't help. Unfortunately I have friend that have had the same sort of experience.

My suggestion would be to call their phone number and leave messages. Hopefully you have better luck then we did!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They called me just a few minutes ago, claiming they had responded to each of my emails. I guess they got lost in transit somewhere. They are sending me a replacement copy of the game at no cost to me. A very generous resolution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've slowed down my game buying, and I haven't dealt with them for a few years. I do recall one time I ordered Carcassonne Hunters & Gatherers, and they sent the original game by mistake.

A quick call to them had the correct version sent to me, and they told me to keep the other one, since it was their mistake. They are very friendly and professional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.