Viceroy» Forums » General

Subject: Essen? English? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gamers Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hello,

Does anyone know if this will be available in Essen? If yes, will there be an English version? (as apparently there is some text on the cards)

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
Moscow (Postal Code 115597)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are planning to bring English prototype of Viceroy (Наместник) to Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool! I'm looking forward to buying an English copy, will they be made available outside of Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolinder Heigh
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
English version soon please!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rolinder wrote:

Yes please! After watching Rahdo's runthrough, I cannot wait to play this game in English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
Rolinder wrote:

Yes please! After watching Rahdo's runthrough, I cannot wait to play this game in English.

Me too. I would love to see this game available in English!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed. It would be great to see this game in English.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethidium Bromide
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mb
Imploded wrote:
We are planning to bring English prototype of Viceroy (Наместник) to Essen.

Alexey

The in-game text is rather limited to the law cards. I would have to brush out my rusty Russian to play it. This could be bridged with a cheat-sheet. Would you bring also copies of the Russian version? I might be interested to buy one. What would be the asked price for the Russian edition in Essen (on your web site it's

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your interest in Viceroy, everyone!

We are considering different options right now. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. As soon as there are any news I'll post them here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the game looks great. I would purchase an English version to play, review and teach.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickert wrote:
I think the game looks great. I would purchase an English version to play, review and teach.

As would I. Great-looking game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Give English Now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamers Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
Here is my suggestion: Take my money! Now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louis D
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, just saw the gameplay video...
i'm really interested

it also, reminds me of splendor (in a good way) but more complex, and
whit bidding.

not having played splendor ( so dont quote me on that ) haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lines J. Hutter
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
Thank you for your interest in Viceroy, everyone!

We are considering different options right now. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. As soon as there are any news I'll post them here.

Here's some suggestions:
1. Only do a print-run of the law cards for Essen. People interested can buy the russian version, replace the law cards and download the english rules here. That's all they'd need, right?
2. Sell the game as it is. Give out some cheat sheets for the law cards. I guess I'll be the dirst one to make some english stickers for those cards and post them on BGG (with sour permission, of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on the price in Essen I wouldn't mind buying a Russian version of this very interesting looking game at all. Though English rules and a way to have English text on the Law cards would still be needed for me.

But if the price is right, I would even pre-order a Russian version for Essen Pickup if at least I am able to print out the English rules, and you could provide us with English language stickers for the Law cards that match the original card art. Anything above that, like a limited print run of English Law cards, would be gravy for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Babaitsev
Russia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are the news!

We will bring a small print run of Viceroy to the Essen show. It will be available for purchase!

The only thing Russian about the game is going to be the box. Everything else - cards, player screens, rules - will be in English.

I'd like to note: we are bringing just a few dozens of Viceroy copies. If you are planning to get it -- head straight to our Hobby World booth: 1-E151!

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamers Sao Paulo
Brazil
flag msg tools
Can't we reserve a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Frieg
Germany
Gummersbach
NRW
flag msg tools
Fan since 1988
badge
I AM WATCHING U
mbmbmbmbmb
would love to pre order

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Imploded wrote:
Here are the news!

We will bring a small print run of Viceroy to the Essen show. It will be available for purchase!

The only thing Russian about the game is going to be the box. Everything else - cards, player screens, rules - will be in English.

I'd like to note: we are bringing just a few dozens of Viceroy copies. If you are planning to get it -- head straight to our Hobby World booth: 1-E151!

meeple

What about persons whom cannot attend Essen, but would LOVE to have a copy of Viceroy in English, even with a Russian box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Imploded wrote:
Here are the news!

meeple

What about persons whom cannot attend Essen, but would LOVE to have a copy of ViceRoy in English, even with a Russian box?

Yes. Me, me, me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Studley
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Who fell asleep in the rain? Did you fall asleep in the rain? Yes you did. Oh yes you did.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
Imploded wrote:
Here are the news!

meeple

What about persons whom cannot attend Essen, but would LOVE to have a copy of Viceroy in English, even with a Russian box?

Yes please!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Horne
United States
Greenville
SC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another US buyer here! This is a game I'd even be willing to fund through Kickstarter, and I usually only fund cheap microgames. Based on the runthrough, I think my game group would go crazy for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not expect such a complete English version, very nice! Any indication on the price of the English edition for Essen?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Castle
United States
Lothian
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to buy an English copy too. But am unable to attend Essen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.