Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
I think I overdosed on it last Christmas.
But I was feeling the urge again yesterday, got it out, and am getting schooled by Passage Thru Mirkwood! Passage Thru Mirkwood, I say again.
Wanted to start out easy in order to refresh myself but I guess I am beginning from square one.
Oh well, I do have experience with the game and know better than to expect to win much
Thought I would share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
Haha, for some reason hearing this makes me like the game even more. Sometimes I forget that the game is honestly difficult, even the easier quests, and takes quite of bit of skill/strategy/tactics to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Jackelantern wrote:
Haha, for some reason hearing this makes me like the game even more. Sometimes I forget that the game is honestly difficult, even the easier quests, and takes quite of bit of skill/strategy/tactics to win.

Like the game for sure! It's terrific!
Just walked away from another defeat surprise
Thought I had it - stupid Dol Guldur Orcs should have been easier than that angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Jackelantern wrote:
Haha

As in you're laughing with me, or laughing at me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adventurous Moose

LOUISVILLE
KY - Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
with
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lego lascott
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had quite the opposite reaction.

I hadn't played in months, came back, and absolutely ripped the 3 core scenarios apart with ease. I considered myself lucky with the cards that came off the encounter deck, and that I also had the right combinations in my hand. But it did leave me wondering because it was so easy, lol, did I play by all the rules correctly? Or did I miss something.

On to Hunt for Gollum to see if my luck changes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wilson St.James
Canada
Winona
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Lego, I finally got my groove on. Made my way through Mirkwood a few times now. Maybe it's like riding a bike? Ha!
Now I am dealing with the ubiquitous Anduin troll. He's no easier than I remembered.
But afterward I will be joining you in the Hunt for Gollum.
Good luck to you!

Wilson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve perkins
United Kingdom
Telford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played it for months, but I'm waiting for all the latest cycle of cards before I start building some new themed decks.

I always use Passage through Mirkwood to try out these new builds. If I get schooled as you say, then its back to the drawing board. And I do get schooled often. It shows that even the so called easy adventure has to be treated with respect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.