Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Magneto Holocaust Survivor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys, I just had a question about Magneto's global ability.
Could I use it to re-roll a villain die that is already in play?
As an example, could I roll Loki: Illusionist, put him in play and take control of an opposing die, then reroll Loki, get another character face, and field him again, repeating the process as long as I have masks to feed the global ability?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
No. If you get another face, that does not mean that you "refield" the character. It's just a different level now. If you get energy, it goes to reserve, at which point it's no longer a character and can no longer be targeted by this global.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:
No. If you get another face, that does not mean that you "refield" the character. It's just a different level now. If you get energy, it goes to reserve, at which point it's no longer a character and can no longer be targeted by this global.

Are you sure about that last part? The ability targets a die, not a character. "Pay MASK to reroll a Villian die."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not this again! laugh

When in the Field or Reserve Pool, dice are what their face is. If it shows a character face, it's a character die (and any associations that character has); if its an energy face, it's an energy die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.