Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo Jomer
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi I and my girlfriend are currently working on Zoomaka an animal card game! (zoomaka.tumblr.com). We are looking for eco-friendly printers based in Europe, Africa or America preferably. If you know of any producers we would be happy if you could share your knowledge with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Gibson
Canada
Powell River
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's cards you're after, might be worthwhile looking at getting a business card place to do them. They usually have recycled stock as an option, and smaller ones might offer environmentally friendly ink.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bongorno
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
If you're looking for a regular printer Overnightprints.com is super eco-friendly (trees from sustainably sourced forests, waterless printing, and option for 100% recycled paper) and have good quality stuff. http://www.overnightprints.com/about/green-printing

They definitely are more geared towards promotional things, but I wonder if you talked to them they could figure out a custom order for you.

I also just found this one: http://www.makeplayingcards.com/
They don't seem as ridiculously green-conscious as Overnight, but it still seems like they make an effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Lehmann
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I also have been looking eco-friendly printers for my card game. I found Cartamundi has quite a good reputation as is vetted by several non-profit forestry groups. They may have a large minimum order, but I am still in talks with them and have not personally confirmed the order size.

American printers have tried to differentiate themselves through green printing so you may find some that are willing to use soy-based inks, partially recycled cardstock, etc.

Keep me posted if you find any others and all the best with your project!

-Trevor Lehmann
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.