Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: microcontent [+] [View All]
niels s
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How rare and precious is a mineral if you find an infinite source of it? It reminds me of this National Treasure movie I saw where Nicholas Cage finds a city of gold. My first thought was "the gold price has just taken a nose dive".

Still curious about what this game has to offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are those who would argue that we have an effectively infinite supply of diamonds, today... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For a resource company, proven reserves increase stock value; mined product increases revenue. Taking this as a model, the concept of the tragedy of the commons dictates that any mining company that discovers an almost inexhaustible supply of anything MUST mine it, or they will be caught between their shareholders and a massive supply of low-priced commodity. Time is therefore the most important resource in such a scenario.

It naturally follows that the miners have to mine as fast as possible or their company will be incapable of supporting its own capitalisation once the price of the commodity drops below profitability.

There. Happy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
niels s
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Very happy this isn't a stock market game . I really like the story the players are playing, collecting VP to become Greatest Employee of the Galaxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Kirk
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry, you leave the concerns about market capitalisation and share price to the CEOs... your only job is to dig for phat loot!

I've played the proto a few years running, and all I can say is: epic chained moves.

EPIC. CHAINED. MOVES.

This is one game you can totally plan up for the turn you tell your grandchildren about. Other players will gasp. Spectators will faint. Your life will flash before your eyes. I'm talking epic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Petersen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dnjkirk wrote:
Don't worry, you leave the concerns about market capitalisation and share price to the CEOs... your only job is to dig for phat loot!

I've played the proto a few years running, and all I can say is: epic chained moves.

EPIC. CHAINED. MOVES.

This is one game you can totally plan up for the turn you tell your grandchildren about. Other players will gasp. Spectators will faint. Your life will flash before your eyes. I'm talking epic.

Awesome post. Simply awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
xtn574 wrote:
dnjkirk wrote:
EPIC. CHAINED. MOVES.

Awesome post. Simply awesome.

100% agreed. "What is this game on The Hotness?" I thought. Then I clicked on this forum post and...EPIC. CHAINED. MOVES. slapped me in the face! How can I want a game I know nothing about?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.