Hide
4 Posts

Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Declaring a Primus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vincenzo Salafia
msg tools
Hi guys, here a question for you: I'm the host and I decide to declare a normal match. I invite 1 or 2 dominus, they refuse, then I don't invite the others but I use the card "A Spectacle of Blood and Sand" and I declare a Primus. Can I do it? Or if I organize a normal match the only way to then organize a primus is 4 everyone to refuse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nacho Mancera
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think this works this way...

You declare a primus or not (must have 10 to call it). If not, normal match. No one accept? Everyone looses 1 PI, even if you provide a gladiator to fight. This phase ends and there is no fight (but a lot of shame on the lanistas)

If you have the primus card, play it at the start of the arena phase. If not, its a normal match. If played, its a primus. I think its as easy as that (once is declared a normal match I think you can´t declare a primus because its already a normal fight).

Once again, acording to the rules if every1 refuses there is no fight (you cant force any1 to fight even in a primus, they just lose 1 PI).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yep, i think you need to declare a primus before you start inviting

just a note on the previous post, if you declare a primus and everyone refuses you don't lose 1 influence (because in the end you would "ask yourself" and say "ok"). Same if everyone quits before the guys with the spartacus accepted. everyone loses 1 influence except him.. it's not his fault everyone quit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cosovi wrote:
Hi guys, here a question for you: I'm the host and I decide to declare a normal match. I invite 1 or 2 dominus, they refuse, then I don't invite the others but I use the card "A Spectacle of Blood and Sand" and I declare a Primus. Can I do it? Or if I organize a normal match the only way to then organize a primus is 4 everyone to refuse?

If you don't declare a Primus at the start of the arena phase your opportunity is over (p 5 expansion rules). This has nothing to do with refusals. All players must be invited in order to try and fill the arena (p 11 base rules).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.