BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Any Groups or Gamers in the Tavistock/West Devon Area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Just moved into the area from elsewhere in Devon and looking for some like minded folks around abouts to get my fix of gaming and beer with really. I Know there's a few clubs further afield but hopefully looking for something within a short drive or public ride away so I'm not turning up for work the next day with a lethal combination of hangover and sleep deprivation.

So yeh is there any groups out there welcoming of a newbie? Or does anyone in the area fancy getting together once a week/fortnight/month whatever to share a few beers and trade insults over a game? Not that heavily into my minatures/wargames (though loving the X-Wing game atm) but like all sorts of board games abstract, themed, co-op etc

Know this might be a bit of a long shot but hopefully theres someone out there =D

Send me a message if you have news or are interested.

Cheers =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Wright
United Kingdom
Modbury
Devon
flag msg tools
www.devondice.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nigel
I am just setting up a new gaming club (i was about post about it on BGG when saw your post) it will be in Ivybridge fortnightly on Thursdays evenings.
if you are interested, message me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moore
United Kingdom
Buckland Monachorum
Devon
flag msg tools
badge
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Nigel.

I live about 7-8 miles from Tavistock, and usually play wargames, but I have some racing games, LCGs and X-Wing as well.

I'm going to be fairly busy over the next month, but may be able to get some gaming in after that.

I may well try and get to the Ivybridge games night as soon as I get some free time as well.

Cheers

Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply Dave.

Heading over to the Ivybridge night next week to see what its like. Sounds like it might be fun. Hopefully see you there or organise something next month a bit closer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy wheeler
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi guys,

I am in Travistock for the next two days if you fancy a game?

Regards Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Corrigan
msg tools
Hi Nigel

Just found your post from last year and was wondering if you ever got anything sorted or found any gaming clubs.

My husband is into gaming and would probably appreciate a game at some point if you are interested. Although he is at present building up a 40k army, he also enjoys playing board games too, such as walking dead (we have two different versions, I know there is at least three available), sons of anarchy, sparticus (I don't think he has the game though) and others that I can't remember at present.

He has been travelling into Plymouth to play these games with his mates but they have changed the venue and as he doesn't drive I have been unable to stay there with him as I had previously. He doesn't like to inconvenience me even though I would be happy to fetch and carry him!

He spends all day looking after our two year old daughter and doesn't get out a lot. I feel he is in desperate need of a game fix, I was looking for clubs in the area but can't find anything and I was wondering if you had managed to find something local. He has always said that he doesn't need new friends, just wants to see more of his original friends, this was great until they changed the venue! We live in Gunnislake and his friends don't seem to want to come out to us.

Let me know if you have found anything in the area or you yourself would be interested in a game.

Many thanks

Diane
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi Diane, didn't manage to find any clubs in the tavy area. I popped into the shop in tavy to ask about any clubs and they mentioned something of setting one up but that was ages ago and I haven't heard anything since. I since started going to one in Ivybridge, small but really friendly great bunch of guys. Difficulty is getting there with public transport =/ Would love to set up a game night, but at the moment I'm staying up in London every week as part of work, really in desperate need of some game time myself! =)

This is likely to end in the next couple of months so we could always arrange something then, I can't imagine that there isn't some people in this area would be happy to get together for some games and such.

One thing just occured to me, I did notice one night up in london as I was trawling through the internet that there is a board game club recently setup in okehampton, a bit far out but could imagine there is a bus or something. http://www.meetup.com/ockment_board_games_society/

Well it's a lovely thing you are doing for your husband and wish you best of luck with your search! As I mentioned I can send you a message when I get back from my spell in the city and arrange a game if you still havent had any luck by then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Openshaw
msg tools
Hello

I recently moved to the area and I have been looking to retake wargaming as a hobby (I used to play WFB and 40K a long long time ago), however my problem is finding somewhere locally that does it. After searching some on the internet I came across this post and wondered if anyone knew if a local group ended up getting started?

I saw that on Sundays there is this http://www.plymouthwargamers.co.uk/ but I more often than not have to work on sundays so it would be difficult for me to find a game there I think. However the place where they meet up isnt that far away about a 20 minute drive or so I think.

I am looking to start up skirmish games things like Infinity (Which I have a starter set for), Malifaux and Bolt action all seem interesting. 40k I have a few Dark Eldar minatures for but nothing like a fieldable army and due to GW's pricing these days I think it will be a while untill I can get enough to make an army (unless I can find a bargain on Ebay or something ).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.