Subject: Playing OPS or interrupt cards during system tests rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stefan V
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone,

After reading a lot of rules summaries and faqs and a few plays, I thought I finally understood most of the game

But I was just watching the "let's play' video of fleet captains on youtube and I saw the guy play 2 OPS cards in a row for 1 test. Is this allowed? I thought you could only play 1 card to help your test. Or can you play as many cards as you want if they mention "interrupt".

I still don't understand the interrupt-function on the cards fully I think.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Salsbury
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Pretty sure you can only play one card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What he said.
In a system test each player can play only a single command card (combat or ops).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Heath
United States
Firestone
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't watched the video and don't know the exact sequence of play, but a player is allowed to discard and or trash crew from the affected ship involved in a test or a combat. They simply "undo" the crew benefit and apply the usually higher "OP" or "Combat" benefit of the card, and discard the crew at the end of the test.

Refer to the Crew rules on pages 26 and 27.

and this quote from page 27:

Note: Discarding a Crew Card to use the Ops or Combat effect does not count as playing a Command Card. So, you may use this benefit in addition to playing your single Combat or Ops Card during a test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Stockton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
in Short
you can only play 1 card from your hand.

if you have assigned crew members to ships you may DISCARD those crew members to use those crew members ops or combat bonuses. AS LONG AS THE CREW MEMBERS YOU ARE USING ARE ASSIGNED TO THE SHIP INVOVLED IN THE TEST.

You can not use a crewmember from ship A to help ship B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.