Subject: Any older chatters out there remember this guy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally. A staple of '70's variety show TV.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Morris
England
Faversham
Kent
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember him. still busy with kids TV in the early '80s. Didn't he die from falling off his roof or a ladder or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
Was frequently on the telly in Australia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
HamsterOfFury wrote:
Didn't he die from falling off his roof or a ladder or something?

That's what I heard, yes. Trying to fix an antenna on his roof.

I saw an interview and the host asked him, "How, in God's name, did you ever decide to use an emu in your act?"
Rod replies, "Well, I couldn't get my hand up the back end of a budgerigar..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Simpson
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very Famous Interview with Sir Michael Parkinson:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Froggy McFrogface
United States
FORT COLLINS
CO
flag msg tools
badge
When green is all there is to be, it could make you wonder why. But why wonder? I'm green, and it'll do fine: it's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
HamsterOfFury wrote:

That's what I heard, yes. Trying to fix an antenna on his roof.

From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:
On 17 March 1999, Hull climbed onto the roof of his house in Winchelsea, near Rye, to adjust his television aerial during the Champions League football match between Internazionale and Manchester United. In his attempt to improve reception, he slipped from the roof and fell through an adjoining greenhouse. The 63-year-old entertainer suffered a severe skull fracture and chest injuries. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Conquest Hospital in Hastings. Following an inquest, the East Sussex Coroner, Alan Craze, recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Very sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Tannhauser
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
STRAP IN » BURN ON » BLACK OUT
badge
HIT 'EM FROM ORBIT
mbmbmbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
Wikipedia wrote:
On 17 March 1999, Hull climbed onto the roof of his house in Winchelsea, near Rye, to adjust his television aerial during the Champions League football match between Internazionale and Manchester United. In his attempt to improve reception, he slipped from the roof and fell through an adjoining greenhouse. The 63-year-old entertainer suffered a severe skull fracture and chest injuries. He was pronounced dead on arrival at Conquest Hospital in Hastings. Following an inquest, the East Sussex Coroner, Alan Craze, recorded a verdict of accidental death.

Sounds like the cover-up for a haunted puppet mauling, if you ask me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Martin
United Kingdom
Lincoln
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think Grotbags pushed him off the roof.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Flux
United Kingdom
Cropwell Bishop
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
Tally Ho!
mbmbmb
LennyS wrote:
MABBY wrote:
HamsterOfFury wrote:

That's what I heard, yes. Trying to fix an antenna on his roof. :(

From Wikipedia:

Wikipedia wrote:

Very sad.

I remember listening to a comedian once who when asked what he would do if he had one go with a time machine answer "I'd go back to before the match started and tell Rod Hull the scrore"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.