14 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Game with 6" Action Figures? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Action Figures, especially the 6" figures that fully articulate... IE Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, etc. I wish there was a game that I could play with them - like a miniatures game, (though they aren't exactly as small as miniatures). I was considering developing a game of my own for them but it turns out it isn't as easy as I thought.

Are there any games out there that allow you to bring in your own action figures, preferably large ones - around the 6" scale, and use them in a game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You could pretty much just change the scale of existing minis games.

Also, not your own, but you would probably think Shadowrun Duels is cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Kropf
United States
Brownsville
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
I cannot not not not not not not not not not not not not not not tell a lie. But man can I obscure the truth or what?
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably not exactly what you are looking for, but this does exist (and I have a copy from my childhood whistle)

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/6122/star-wars-escape...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Colapietro
United States
Endicott
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played this one, but it was the first thing that came to mind:

War PIGs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuzzy Heroes fits the bill I believe. It's been a while, so I don't remember all of the rules, but I do remember it had rules for figuring out stats like attack power based on number of "pointy" spots on your toy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The3Furies wrote:
Never played this one, but it was the first thing that came to mind:

War PIGs

And it turns out this is made by the same company as Fuzzy Heroes.

PDFs available at http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.php?manufacturers_id=26...

Physical Fuzzy Heroes books can be found at http://www.fuzzyheroes.com/catalog.php?category=Fuzzy%20Hero...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crabbok wrote:
I love Action Figures, especially the 6" figures that fully articulate... IE Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, etc. I wish there was a game that I could play with them - like a miniatures game, (though they aren't exactly as small as miniatures). I was considering developing a game of my own for them but it turns out it isn't as easy as I thought.

Are there any games out there that allow you to bring in your own action figures, preferably large ones - around the 6" scale, and use them in a game?

How about changing the scale to 3 3/4" figures? You could make one helluva GI Joe board game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Cormode
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Takenoko Collector's edition is close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Bailey
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thormodr wrote:
Takenoko Collector's edition is close.

That looks close in scale. I'll have to look into that one. thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Eldard
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about HeroClix? Substitute the 6" figures for the miniatures, using the latter to record the disk status of the tall boys. Use the game rules and the accompanying hero cards to enhance the game experience, and you should be good to go.

You should be able to find the specific heroes to match your figures if you go online. Google Heroclix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Get Bit! (use wound markers!)
King of Tokyo potential re-theme!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
my favorite :
Z-G

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Legends were awesome when the figures were less than $10 each, now cheapest they are $20 and the characters they choose are so obscure (or worse yet, based on movie versions- The ASM 2 Electro is taking up peg after peg at the local Walmart) it's almost the same price to get Marvel Select figures. A bit bigger and only a buck or two more expensive with more detail and better selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
Crabbok wrote:

How about changing the scale to 3 3/4" figures? You could make one helluva GI Joe board game!

Everyone has gone to the 3 3/4" size for at least one line of figures. There was even a set of WWE figures that came out in the same scale. Too bad that was the only way most people could get a Roddy Piper to use with their GI Joes since the actual GI Joe version is so expensive (I have 6, 3 of the autographed version and 3 non-autographed. Had a friend that went to the con they were sold at and knew they'd end up being one of the rarest Joe figures ever, so gave them the money to buy them for me. Turns out I was right. Pretty weird that I can get enough money from just one of the non autographed one to buy the best replica versions of both titles he held in WWF/E)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.