Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Was there nothing for SeaFall at GenCon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel H
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on his Twitter feed, Rob Daviau was looking for play testers to play some games during GenCon. However, I don't think those games were public.

Rob and Matt Leacock were on BGG TV, discussing Pandemic Legacy, but I didn't hear any mentions of SeaFall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Managed to catch Rob for an interview just before GenCon he spilled a few Seafall gems. Its on my most recent podcast episode if you want a listen.

http://www.whodaresrolls.com/podcast-episode-10-the-bumper-b...

Its at 1hr 30min mark, be warned a few Risk Legacy spoilers if you've not played that one through.

Can't wait for this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yea, unfortunately there was nothing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ftl ftw
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know about how long this game will be? 1 hr, 2 hrs, 4 hrs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody of Earth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the early playtest group. My friends are not experienced gamers so our games took 4+ hours, but I think he's aiming for closer to 2hrs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike B
United Kingdom
southampton
hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Dare To Roll - www.whodaresrolls.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine much like Risk legacy the complexity and time per game will increase as you open up all the extras.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mibar01 wrote:
I imagine much like Risk legacy the complexity and time per game will increase as you open up all the extras.

re: Risk Legacy.

We found the game got more brutal, more chaotic, and on average got shorter.

perhaps games 4-8 were longer than the first few, but games 9-12 were shorter and had some crazy twists, once big armies hit the table courtesy of cards with HEAPS of coins, things get ugly and the game's over very quickly.

It may have just been our customisations, but I can't see how a different groups setup could make the games progressively longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*MOPE* Is this just another war game in disguise? I really hoped this would lead more in the direction of expansion, colonization, civilization development and mutual benefit / non-betrayal diplomacy. Does everyone end up at everyone else's throats at the end? Phooey!

Now if some non-player enemies were inserted like barbarians and/or pirates - that'd be fine tom build up armies against...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
*MOPE* Is this just another war game in disguise? I really hoped this would lead more in the direction of expansion, colonization, civilization development and mutual benefit / non-betrayal diplomacy. Does everyone end up at everyone else's throats at the end? Phooey!

Now if some non-player enemies were inserted like barbarians and/or pirates - that'd be fine tom build up armies against...

if this is in response to the my comment just before it, then rest assured, I was talking about Risk Legacy, NOT Seafall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phew! Thanks, you eased my mind. Now I have to go delete the new thread about that which I started after reading this!
*grin*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
Phew! Thanks, you eased my mind. Now I have to go delete the new thread about that which I started after reading this!
*grin*

My sarcasm filters are going off here... are they tuned correctly? or was that *grin* at the end, a false alarm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:

From what I've seen and heard, this game DOES seem more like wad l what you're hoping it will be, and not much like a war game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No that was a sincere grin. Otherwise I would have typed *ironic grin*

Montebanc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
montebanc wrote:
No that was a sincere grin. Otherwise I would have typed *ironic grin*

Montebanc

haha, nice! you have won the internet for that statement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.