Subject: Fenris Games miniatures available now? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Storm
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are these the mini's used in this game, and if so...are they available now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Laine
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:

http://fenrisgames.com/shop?/shop.html#!/~/category/id=60540...

Yes, these are the same minis that Fenris designed for Cthulhu Wars. However, the figures that Fenris is selling are made from resin instead of hard plastic, so they're significantly more expensive.

According to the site they're in stock, so to your second question... yes, I think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Petersen
United States
Rockwall
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
I wrote the first-ever Lovecraft game.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Fenris miniatures are almost exactly the same as the production figures from China. There are tiny differences, because the Chinese created their own molds from Fenris's and made a few modifications (to make the figures sturdier or easier to glue together).

Of course Fenris's figures are resin or metal (I think some are metal), with all that implies. But yeah I told them to feel free to sell the figures before the game was available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
mbmbmbmbmb
ppayes wrote:

Yes. Since they sculpted them before the KS on spec (which was a lot of work), they were allowed to sell the resin versions - though they did hold off a year or so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Resin's notorious for being brittle, and there are *many* different types of resin (thanks, Mantic!), so ask them about their resin. As said, the mini's are based on the same sculpts, but, no, I wouldn't actually game with them. Also, Fenris has a number of additional Cthulhu figures, and, iirc, may have variant poses. Models are not pre-assembled.

Oh, and they're *bleeping* expensive, typical for "boutique" resin and metal miniatures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Stockseth
msg tools
Ask me about Gladiators: Days of Blood and Glory
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're anything like the resin minis that the Petersens have been using to run demos with this entire time, I would be VERY careful about using them in-game. Though nice and hefty, the limbs and tentacles break off all too easily, even on some of the bigger ones.

They are bloody gorgeous though. I will consider getting some resin versions of some of them after I have the actual game in my hands, so I can check out some of the details for painting purposes. Alternatively, you could order up 6 cultists for a home-brew faction, expensive though it may be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.