Hide
6 Posts

Student Bodies» Forums » Rules

Subject: switching places, rush 2 and smart zombie cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eot
msg tools
I am a huge fan of smirk and dagger games and i got this at gen-con.

but I have a few questions regarding the rules,

for humans :

1- Is switching places with other zombies or humans only possible with the card "JUKE" ?

2- If I had a card for "rush 2" or "move 4" , do i have to the complete movement or can i stop after 2 or 3 steps and conclude that action ? for example if i play "rush 2" but i stop after 1 step to and search a corpse then i use a new action to move again.

3- MR. KREACH zombie card : discard 3 cards randomly then all zombies get 2 actions then draw 3 cards . Is this the correct way ?

for smart zombies :

1- can they do both actions on the card (the human and the smart zombie one ) using a single card or do they choose which one they would use?

for example using mad dash to move 4 then rush 3 or vice versa.

2- is the cost for using the smart zombie action on the card is the same as the one in the upper right corner unless it's specifically mentioned in the bottom section ?

for example

yoink costs 1 , disarm (bottom action) costs 1

stupid zombie costs 1, incite the horde (bottom action)costs 2

barricade costs 1 , block (bottom action) costs 0

mad dosh costs 2, dinner bell (bottom action) costs 2

is this correct ?

thank you and sorry for the long post .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Covert
United States
Sandy Hook
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks man.
And here are some answers for ya:

for humans :

1- Is switching places with other zombies or humans only possible with the card "JUKE" ?

By and large, yes. Though a Smart Zombie may use a stamina to swap places with another adjacent zombie. And Plow Through allows you to push someone down into another space and Rush into their space.

2- If I had a card for "rush 2" or "move 4" , do i have to the complete movement or can i stop after 2 or 3 steps and conclude that action ? for example if i play "rush 2" but i stop after 1 step to and search a corpse then i use a new action to move again.

You can't stop to search a corpse in the middle of a Move 4. Each action must be completed before beginning another. But you can end one early, so you could move 3 of your MOVE4, check a corpse, and then perform another action. But you sacrifice the last move of your Move4 by stopping.

3- MR. KREACH zombie card : discard 3 cards randomly then all zombies get 2 actions then draw 3 cards . Is this the correct way ?

Yep.

for smart zombies :

1- can they do both actions on the card (the human and the smart zombie one ) using a single card or do they choose which one they would use?

for example using mad dash to move 4 then rush 3 or vice versa.

No, they pick one. Most often it will be the action on the bottom, as these have been optimized for Smart Zombies.

2- is the cost for using the smart zombie action on the card is the same as the one in the upper right corner unless it's specifically mentioned in the bottom section ?

That is correct

for example

yoink costs 1 , disarm (bottom action) costs 1

stupid zombie costs 1, incite the horde (bottom action)costs 2

barricade costs 1 , block (bottom action) costs 0

mad dosh costs 2, dinner bell (bottom action) costs 2

is this correct ?

Yep.

Enjoy the game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eot
msg tools

Thank you very much Mr. Covert

This is why i love Smirk and dagger games, awesome back stabbing games, quick responses and continuous support for their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iru80 Iru80
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another question too.
How many times can i use an action card (cost 0 stamina) in my turn?.
For example, card "second wind" cost 0 stamina and give me 1 stamina or 1 health.
If i can use the action cards as many times as I want or I can, i never would end my turn, because i always would choose the option: 1 stamina at 0 cost.
Should I discard action cards once used?.
Is this correct?.

Thank you!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Povilaitis
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Any card you play from your hand is discarded after use at the end of the turn. Generally each card's ability is only used once, unless otherwise stated on the card (i.e. Head Fake).

Item cards must be "ready" to be used and are "spent" (turned 180) when used, unless "Trash" (discard) is part of the cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iru80 Iru80
Spain
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thank you very much for the response!.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.