1 Posts

Pastiche» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Patiche review by Daisy Doodle Dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mommy gamer
msg tools
mbmbmb
To see the full review with pictures go to http://daisydoodledice.com/2014/08/26/petite-pastiche/

The coolest thing about the game is the easel’s that hold the artwork. I’m not saying they’re the most functional, cause one little bump and they all fall down, but they fit the theme so good, I love them.

The rest of the pieces are good for what they’re used for, but nothing to write home about. Really, it’s the easel’s that make this so cool.

The game is simple. Each piece of artwork has a variety of colors in it and you’re trying to make those colors to complete the painting. Completing it will give you victory points. You guessed it, most victory points wins.

On your turn you lay a tile. You get colors depending on how you place your tile. For instance, if you can get 3 of the same color touching, you’ll get that one color. This works for just the 3 primary colors. They’re not the easiest colors to get. If only 2 of the same color touches, you get nothing.

There’s a color chart for everyone so you know what colors you get when you place your tile. The other side shows you turn order.

It’s really that simple.

My two cents

I love art and painting and games, so this is perfect for me. I love it. The best part is, you don’t actually have to be good at art. Mix some colors together and voila, a beautiful painting. Now everyone’s an artist.

The best part is, it’s even simple enough for the older kids to play and have a good time. I don’t think anyone likes it as much as I do, but that’s okay.

Please note, this is the petite version of the game. The original game comes with a game board that looks like an artists color pallete and you place all the color cards on it. Thematically it’s really cool, but it makes the box unnecessarily large, so for space reasons, the petite version is great.

I recommend this game for anyone that likes art. It would also be great for teaching the difference between primary, secondary, and tertiary colors and how to use them to make the colors you want.

And that’s Pastiche!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.