Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Poskin
United States
Sauk Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) if at the end of a half in a 2 player game both players have the same number of kills who gets the points? No points given or someone rolls the tiebreaker die?

2) One player played a +1 engery card and had aa +2 fighting skill for a total of 3. The other player played a dead card 0 +1 fighting skill for a total of 1. Or is playing a dead card mean you have a 0 total?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
1) no points given.

2) The one who plays a dead card automatically loses the contest.
In this example, the contest is a fight, so the loser takes 1 kill (because of the +1 energy card). In this case the fighting skill is ignored.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Martinez
United States
Irving
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a player plays a dead card, the winner's skill is ignored and all that matters is the value of the live card the winner played.

In your example, the loser would take one point of damage from the successful attack attempt. Skill rating is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pilum2008 wrote:
1) no points given.

Actually I think both players are awarded the points, for what its worth
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Madeleine Burleson
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's the exact quote from the rules (page 19):

Quote:
"In case of ties for most kills or fouls, the tied teams get
the full bonus or penalty, and any teams below them
take the bonus or penalty for the next place down."

So, at first this seems pointless for a two player game since if you're both scoring the same bonus, it may change your score value (number), but it doesn't change your relative position in regards to each others scores (if you're 6 apart before, you'll be 6 apart after, or etc.)

But, due to fouls and other game effects (Panda Monium's special ability, for instance, causes you to lose a point anytime you initiate a contest against him.) and this is where it could matter. If a player with 0 points gains the kill bonus points, they'll be more likely to try and avoid losing points when they can. Whereas if neither took the bonus and the player on 0 stays on 0 points, there's no incentive to not mess with Panda. (Unless I missed a rule about negative points...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pilum pilum
France
flag msg tools
mb
Bigfoote wrote:
pilum2008 wrote:
1) no points given.

Actually I think both players are awarded the points, for what its worth

right !

I was wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.