Ricatoni
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...STACK?
My first question is if Arcturian Rebels are allowed to stack on Launchers and/or Hull Markers. Intuitively I would argue yes since multiple ships can attack one point on the hull of the Novaship. The advantage is multiple attack rolls, but at the cost of putting all your ships in one spot. Thoughts?

...LAUNCH?
My second question is if the Empire Cobra Fighters can launch from a pad that is stacked with rebel fighters attacking it. My initial response is yes since the launcher is not "wrecked" and that is the only condition that would stop a launch. Validation anyone?

...SCREAM?
My last question has to do with the rulebook stating that there are numbers on the Hull Markers...AND THERE ARE NONE TO BE FOUND! Where are those damn hull marker numbers??? Not on the yellow side of the counters...not on the map hull designations...and not on the green side of the counters. The entire Hull Marker placement section of the rules is muddled for the lack of numbers...and the query of "Is the Arcturian rebel supposed to know where the vulnerable point is on the Novaship?" If he is...then what is the point of his destroying non-essential hull markers except as a diversion...if he is not supposed to know that what is the deal with the numbers that we could not find on the markers?

Otherwise this is a quick light StarWars Death-star like filler game. Enjoyable (except for that annoying number thing) and open to some house rules that could tighten its play and level it up a bit. For example I would change the whole Empire option of Flipping three hull markers so that both players would know the vulnerable spot, to the Empire player flipping one hull marker at a time but not having to reveal it to the Arcturian player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Shelton
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
El Hidalgo wrote:
...STACK?
My first question is if Arcturian Rebels are allowed to stack on Launchers and/or Hull Markers. Intuitively I would argue yes since multiple ships can attack one point on the hull of the Novaship. The advantage is multiple attack rolls, but at the cost of putting all your ships in one spot. Thoughts?
Played it with my son the other day. I would say no, the rules are pretty clear that only one unit of either side may be in a hex.

El Hidalgo wrote:

...LAUNCH?
My second question is if the Empire Cobra Fighters can launch from a pad that is stacked with rebel fighters attacking it. My initial response is yes since the launcher is not "wrecked" and that is the only condition that would stop a launch. Validation anyone?

Yes, since space is big and 3D (which isn't represented). Plus each side can have one unit in a hex, so unless there is already a Cobra in the hex there is no reason that a Cobra couldn't launch.

El Hidalgo wrote:

...SCREAM?
My last question has to do with the rulebook stating that there are numbers on the Hull Markers...AND THERE ARE NONE TO BE FOUND! Where are those damn hull marker numbers??? Not on the yellow side of the counters...not on the map hull designations...and not on the green side of the counters. The entire Hull Marker placement section of the rules is muddled for the lack of numbers...and the query of "Is the Arcturian rebel supposed to know where the vulnerable point is on the Novaship?" If he is...then what is the point of his destroying non-essential hull markers except as a diversion...if he is not supposed to know that what is the deal with the numbers that we could not find on the markers?
I found that frustrating as well. I am sure that the Rebel player is supposed to know the vulnerable spot and the only reason to attack one of the others is to fake out the Empire player. Since you can achieve the same effect as the whole number thing by mixing up the hull markers, placing them randomly, and then looking at them I moved on. It is clear that somehow that rule didn't get translated into the map and counters. I even think there may be numbers on the counters, really tiny numbers on the dark background that you can't make out, but absolutely none on the map.

El Hidalgo wrote:

Otherwise this is a quick light StarWars Death-star like filler game. Enjoyable (except for that annoying number thing) and open to some house rules that could tighten its play and level it up a bit. For example I would change the whole Empire option of Flipping three hull markers so that both players would know the vulnerable spot, to the Empire player flipping one hull marker at a time but not having to reveal it to the Arcturian player.
My seven year old and I had a good time playing, so it was priceless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.