Hide
8 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Custom ALIEN UNIVERSE Card Sleeves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
@:)
msg tools
Just wanted to put this out there, I am a motion/graphic designer by trade and REALLY want to create some custom sleeves for this game. The huge LEGENDARY logo/color scheme on the back of the cards really takes me out of the ALIEN world.

I know its necessary so it integrates with previous Legendary games- so I'm not complaining to UD but for anyone who wants a custom backing lets start this thread to spread info on potential custom card sleeves or if UD includes card sleeves for the ALIENS Universe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not got the game yet here in the UK, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in. I'm not fond of the Legendary branding and won't be buying any others in the series, so a custom Alien theme would be awesome for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a bunch of the brand new Dragon Shield sleeves from www.arcanetinmen.dk with a black "alien skin" feel to them. They look great, work brilliantly and makes the cards easier to shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Percival
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
eldooderino wrote:
Not got the game yet here in the UK, but it's definitely something I'd be interested in. I'm not fond of the Legendary branding and won't be buying any others in the series, so a custom Alien theme would be awesome for me!

Indeed. I'd be interested too. I'd love to see your design and what price were you thinking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
@:)
msg tools
Great Dane wrote:
Just got a bunch of the brand new Dragon Shield sleeves from www.arcanetinmen.dk with a black "alien skin" feel to them. They look great, work brilliantly and makes the cards easier to shuffle.

Those look great! Thanks for the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deechmo wrote:
Great Dane wrote:

Those look great! Thanks for the link.

Actually the "skin" backs er not shown as they are not for sale yet.
They have a shagreen feel and look to their backs, and are being "tested" at the moment.
I have begged myself to a full set for my Alien set, and for the first time I actually prefer to play with sleeves.
Obviously I wouldn't mind a green pod logo, but even without the shagreen look is quite cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Owen
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am using lime green sleeves for all the decks except the alien deck (which is black). I also chose to use heavy duty snap cases for my avatars.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.C. Hamlin
United States
Medina
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmb
deechmo wrote:
Just wanted to put this out there, I am a motion/graphic designer by trade and REALLY want to create some custom sleeves for this game. The huge LEGENDARY logo/color scheme on the back of the cards really takes me out of the ALIEN world.

I know its necessary so it integrates with previous Legendary games- so I'm not complaining to UD but for anyone who wants a custom backing lets start this thread to spread info on potential custom card sleeves or if UD includes card sleeves for the ALIENS Universe.

I would be willing to pay for 600-count pack with the right number of cards with the different types of backs/different logos:
161 hive deck
40 strike deck
304 barracks deck+role cards
14 hatchery deck
14 player avatars (10 player, 4 alien)
36 alien payer deck
4 locations
12 objectives
15 agendas
600 total

Maybe you should start a kickstarter? I would become a backer.

You might have to jump through a few hoops if you're going to use Alien(s) movie imagery and/or Legendary Encounters terminology on the backs of the card protectors. But game publishers are very willing to work with designers on these things when they are publishing high quality add-ons to existing games that are in demand.

I have created some custom artwork that could be used as custom card backs or for custom sleeves.

Now that there is artwork, there are a couple of options on how to make use of it in your game:
(1) Print, cut, and insert into a clear card sleeve with the card. That is both ink and labor intensive but the overall cost is low.
(2) Send the artwork to Inked Playmats - Custom Sleeves and have the custom card sleeves printed. It is $0.43/sleeve, so a total price of $258. That is quite expensive for a $60 game, but possibly worth it if you really love the game and want something nobody else has.

Maybe someone can offer up an alternatives to #1 and #2 above?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.