Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cartoon Network Fluxx

MFG: Looney Labs
#of Players: 2 - 6
Age Range: 8+

Overall Construction: It's a standard card game but I can't help, but to feel the cards are a little smaller than normal. I haven't been able to measure them to make sure yet. I did notice that the new cards are more in line with the board game for the way the layout & symbols of the cards match up.
The packaging on this version is of the hanging pegboard style, so I'm pretty sure that if you play it enough you will end up having to tape the box up. I really wish the Target Exclusive games came in the same packaging as the game store versions do. You also get the folded up rules and Looney Labs adverts in them.

Gameplay: It's flux with a new skin and a few “New Rules”, although some of them are just re-skins of other rules. Example: “Talk in a Cartoon Voice” was used in Monty Python Fluxx as “Speak With A Silly Accent”. If you are unfamiliar with Fluxx and the way it played, shame on you.
The game starts out simple enough with a hand of three cards and you draw one card and play one card per turn. The way you play your cards is all part of the strategy, because you may think you are being clever and accidentally cost yourself the game. As you play the game the rules change because you can add & remove “New Rule” cards from the game. There are action cards that allow you to remove rules, swap hands, and get extra cards all for yourself. You win the game by meeting the “Goal Card”'s requirements. The goal cards can also change, adding to the difficulty level of the game.

Yes/No Recommend: As with most Fluxx games I will recommend it, but there are some things I feel I must point out. This game is based on Cartoon Network shows & there are some cards that require you to have a working knowledge of some of the shows. I myself had never seen either The Regular Show or something my kid says is called Gumball. Aside from that we had a lot of fun playing it.

Where To Get It: This is a Target Exclusive so you can only get it at Target or possibly on Ebay from people who bought up all of the copies from Target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rayburn
United States
Gulfport
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you added that last part about Target. My wife called a few minutes later, and she was at Target! I asked her to look, and she found it for $4.50. Waiting for it to get here now.

-Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ramon wise
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Don't Getty me wrong I enjoyed the cartoon network fluxx cause I like fluxx but. ...I dislike the font and the color is a Lil pale is doesn't pop to me. With this said I don't think the new cartoons should have be in there I was wanting for more samurai Jack or Johnny bravo like his mom. I mean adventure time has card wars and regular show had there very own. I see a missed capitalized moment I would have bought power puff girls no problem and courage. Overall I enjoyed making funny voices and playing all but 1 card so if u can get it get it cause u love fluxx.
The Bearded Dai

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.