7 Posts

Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Ash" in a solitaire game... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denson Conn

Ohio
msg tools
Ash says Ash can't be killed unless another player Coordinated Fight with you this turn.

If playing solitaire, does this effect still go off (making Ash invulnerable, effectively) or is the effect ignored?

Thanks,

J69

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Johnson
United States
Beatrice
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ash can not be beat as a solo player. Coordinate can not be used as a solo player. There are many posts talking about tweaks users have done to incorporate the use of the keyword in solo games. As designed though its only used with 2+ players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denson Conn

Ohio
msg tools
I coordinated with myself! So there.

J69
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim K.
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jiraiya1969 wrote:

TMI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wil
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Read more comics!
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiraiya1969 wrote:

Oh my!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Chachula
msg tools
I just dealt my next hand, if it had a coordinate card I utilized it as though it was from another player. If I had any cards in my hand that allow me to draw cards, I used those first. Seemed to work alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Clearihue
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jiraiya1969 wrote:
Ash says Ash can't be killed unless another player Coordinated Fight with you this turn.

If playing solitaire, does this effect still go off (making Ash invulnerable, effectively) or is the effect ignored?

Thanks,

J69

If you're playing a solitaire game, or if you're the last player alive, and Ash is revealed, the only sure-fire way you can deal with him is to use Airlock Controls to push him back to the Complex. Keep a couple of rooms clear while you hunt The Perfect Organism and Ash will be contained.

Specific characters like Electric Prod Parker can also push Ash back to the Complex.

There is currently no way to actually fight him when you're by yourself, as Coordinate only works with another player.

There is no reason to ignore the effect, just be clever. Don't house-rule anything, or question if the designers knew what they were doing. They did. It's moments like that where we get to enjoy a mini-boss of sorts before killing off the final enemy.

I honestly find the game to be pretty easy when you play it solitaire, as you have twice as many turns to build your deck as you would in a two player game, three times as much in a three player game, etc.

If it weren't for Ash, Acid Blood Xeno's, etc, solitaire mode would be cake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.