Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: 33 Books for Board Games. Games played journal. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent West
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wanna play a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sitting at work thinking. Watching a few board game reviews. I recently went to a couple board game meet ups. I played about 10 games. What were their names again? What did I like about each one? Who did I play with? What parts were awesome and not so much?

I am a beer drinker and I have used a book called 33 beers to keep track of all the beers that I drink when I go out to dinner. Its a pocket sized journal.

http://www.33books.com/collections/books

I was wondering if you think this would be a cool thing to have while your out playing games? They use a rating system to rate each part of the beer for example IE: color, taste, bitter. This would work well with board games as well (well not taste and color) but time to learn, strategy level...

Just a thought I had at work and run it by the community.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think a book like that could be cool.

I use a moleskine notebook to record my gaming adventures, not so much for statistics, but as a little "remember when" book for my son (and primary gaming partner) when he grows up. He can look back and smile at all the times he squashed his old man like a grape in the path of the steamroller we call progress... or something like that.



Afterwards, I go back and add some colorful stamps... the purple T monogram means more than one family member was playing, the blue circles mean it was a win, the red homemade skull and crossbones is a loss, the green 1st represents our first time playing the game, and most of the other ones are for fun. It may not be as extensive in terms of stats for more serious gamers, but the moleskin will accept as many or as few comments as you'd like to record.
15 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ramsey
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Side note: that notebook looks awesome! Lucky kid.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woody Taylor
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jramsey wrote:
Side note: that notebook looks awesome! Lucky kid.


Thanks, Dave! - Lucky dad.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Hagee
United States
Conrad
Montana
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
crashbdub wrote:
I was sitting at work thinking. Watching a few board game reviews. I recently went to a couple board game meet ups. I played about 10 games. What were their names again? What did I like about each one? Who did I play with? What parts were awesome and not so much?

I am a beer drinker and I have used a book called 33 beers to keep track of all the beers that I drink when I go out to dinner. Its a pocket sized journal.

http://www.33books.com/collections/books

I was wondering if you think this would be a cool thing to have while your out playing games? They use a rating system to rate each part of the beer for example IE: color, taste, bitter. This would work well with board games as well (well not taste and color) but time to learn, strategy level...

Just a thought I had at work and run it by the community.


That looks like a good thing to turn into a pocketbook book.

Depending on your handwriting size, do one or two per page. If you have a scale for certain aspects and spaces for others, you could stack things in columns.

A typical game night for me is only 2-4 games, so one book over two sessions, with an entry per page.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent West
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Wanna play a game?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
woodshow wrote:
"remember when" book for my son (and primary gaming partner) when he grows up.


That is awesome. I play lots of games with my 2 daughters (9 and 12) and it would be cool to have a journal of those OMG! moments that happen and what games we played. I am for definitely doing this. Thanks so much! the stamps make it look super legit too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John F.
United States
Shelton
CT
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
woodshow wrote:
I think a book like that could be cool.

I use a moleskine notebook to record my gaming adventures, not so much for statistics, but as a little "remember when" book for my son (and primary gaming partner) when he grows up. He can look back and smile at all the times he squashed his old man like a grape in the path of the steamroller we call progress... or something like that.



Afterwards, I go back and add some colorful stamps... the purple T monogram means more than one family member was playing, the blue circles mean it was a win, the red homemade skull and crossbones is a loss, the green 1st represents our first time playing the game, and most of the other ones are for fun. It may not be as extensive in terms of stats for more serious gamers, but the moleskin will accept as many or as few comments as you'd like to record.


Thanks for this post! I may start a similar notebook for my five year old son with whom I've just started playing some more advanced games!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Holmes
New Zealand
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I use small salt and pepper shakers with tiny labels.
I keep the tears of vanquished foes in the shakers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Intres
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jramsey wrote:
Side note: that notebook looks awesome! Lucky kid.


But should we make sure the notebook is less than 1/4 of our take home pay or sell off stuff to buy it? (Sorry, it's a bad joke based on the radio host/writer/money guru Dave Ramsey and the advice he gives on his radio show)

OT: I have one of these I used to use for cigars. Might start doing it with games, too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.