• [+] Dice rolls
Society of Watchers
United States
Killbuck
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who says these are "British Problems." Sounds pretty darn universal to me. So many of these, as an American, are quite applicable to me with very few exceptions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
#27 was my favorite! laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mb
I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems, but a Brit ain't one.

Sorry... Somebody had to post it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Linden
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Social Justice Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh. Turns out I'm not a passive shell of a man. I'm just British!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kunnagh Scott
England
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ExcitingJeff wrote:
Huh. Turns out I'm not a passive shell of a man. I'm just British!

Welcome home!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clare Cannon
Wales
Trefforest
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mb
no 28 made me laugh.

I actually got a click, wink and finger point the last time I held the door open for someone. It was very strange but it is certainly the most inventive way of saying thanks that I have encountered recently
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Great Googly Moogly it's
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be addicted to the hokey pokey, but then I turned myself around.
mbmbmbmbmb
#1 umm... well I still speak to them but...
We've been going to our FLGS almost every week to play and this one couple keeps wanting to play with us. We play with them several hours per month and I do not remember their names. It's gone on far, far too long to politely ask so I just sit there, saying "he" and "she," all the while hoping that they'll speak to each other using their names. So far, no good. Last time I noticed that they don't ever say our names either. Maybe they don't remember our names either! laugh

I could relate with a lot of the other things on the list too but I do have British ancestors so that probably explains everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed #6 and #17 were essentially the same problem. Apparently Brits are deeply dissatisfied with their hair-care options....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Jennings
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
sunkencheerio wrote:
#1 umm... well I still speak to them but...
We've been going to our FLGS almost every week to play and this one couple keeps wanting to play with us. We play with them several hours per month and I do not remember their names. It's gone on far, far too long to politely ask so I just sit there, saying "he" and "she," all the while hoping that they'll speak to each other using their names. So far, no good. Last time I noticed that they don't ever say our names either. Maybe they don't remember our names either! :laugh:

I could relate with a lot of the other things on the list too but I do have British ancestors so that probably explains everything.

This always happens to me. I've made it a point to try to get better with names, but I inevitably forget some. My trick around it is to have a friend introduce themselves and then get back to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Ackroyd
United Kingdom
Brighton
E Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Fawcett
United Kingdom
Northwich
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
badge
There's just one kind of favor I'll ask for you - you can see that my grave is kept clean
mbmbmbmbmb
What about (or did I miss?) - 'Apologizing when somebody else bumps into you/treadts on your foot/gets in your way/etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.