Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Here's a great way to avoid "excessive hits" upon the site here, with a means to put IN a "page number" when L@@King up something, instead of having to 'flip' through those a few at a TIME for such! Where there are like over dozens of them to something WHEN you just want to 'get' to the center of those, then it can TAKE so damm long.
How about that?
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I understand you correctly, then another idea might be to have a unique URI for every post, so that specific posts in other threads can be linked-to. Then, regardless of which page the item appears, you can unambiguously reference it.

Or are you referring to the Search function?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
actually, I was going ON upon just the GAMES themselves, and to a lesser extent then 'photos' of which anyone has uploaded so many of those, that these number in the 100s or even 1000s! While I do know that for some folks, then they'd LIKE to have a LINK take them to where someone had 'posted' whatever for this. Otherwise, then they'd HAVE to "search" for just that one particular 'post' within a "thread" or "forum" of which it currently 'resides' FOR such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmb
anyone got a translation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Best guess - have a field to jump to a specific page number when searching.

-MMM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If you look things up, you sometimes get many pages with results. The system as it works now only allows to move about 4 pages from the one you're currently looking at, or to jump to the first/last page of them all.

If there are lots of pages and you need to be somewhere in the middle of them, it would be convenient if you could just enter a pagenummer for that instead of having to move 4 pages at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When searching for something, provide a link to the page, not just the thread?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
robot also, what about...having an "Admins on DUTY" designation to *alert* any of these upon SPAM and what-not eh-wot? Then how's about having some additional "Admins" that are "on DUTY" 24/7 from around the WORLD as well, instead of JUST the current 'crop' hmmmm?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

"I am fluent in over 6 million languages, but I am unfamiliar with this one. I believe it to be some form of Imperial code."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Robinette
United States
Westbury
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it's some kind of schtick... but this guy's posts are ALWAYS incomprehensible to me. The smileys, colored and formatted text, and rambling leads my brain in too many directions to follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Just read what is written. I manage very well to understand whatever Robert is writing. All I have to do sometimes is look up the meaning of a word (or ask Robert if he's around). But that has everything to do with the fact that I'm not a native speaker and therefore lack quite a lot of English vocabulary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
Aldie wrote:

I think he's demanding 50,000, because he's holding a thermal detonator. Either that or he has to take a pee and is looking for the restroom. Ahh, who am I kidding, all I hear are blips and whistles....shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanos wrote:
I'm not sure if it's some kind of schtick... but this guy's posts are ALWAYS incomprehensible to me. The smileys, colored and formatted text, and rambling leads my brain in too many directions to follow.

shake boy, just HOW did you 'manage' to "design" ANYTHING then!?! oh wait, considering just WHAT that 'was', then don't quit your "day JORB" right away eh?
"the Cinnamoanian"~yeah right! more like the "Nutmegalomaniac"!
surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.