joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was dead set on playing ravenloft wed night after registration.

I managed to wrangle a bunch of strangers for the game, 2 Brazilians, myself (displaced NY'er) and 2 others. I set up the game and explained it slowly. I started with picking characters, and powers, and then finally went to turn order.

The game went fairly well. for the first 4 turns i forgot to do the villain attack phase, so players were clocking monsters left and right.

We got that straightened. Then the real fun began. We started drawing gargoyles. Lots of gargoyles! they were 1 tile away from pulling the tomb card, and i looked at the board and saw: 3 gargoyles, a zombie, a ghoul, a spider and a wolf.

I had thoughts of crying angles nom nom noming the players!

I was really happy for the other players, but they didnt look so happy. I told them the game wasnt normally this killer.

They laughed.

Bottom line is that it was a really tough game. and THEY LOST!

Hazzah!!!

Sounds odd but it was nice to get a really tough game. I hadnt seen one this tough in a while. On the opening scenario even!

I hope your games are challenging and interesting, and the 3 dnd boardgames stay around along time.

Have a good labor day weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Kane
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
They'll tell you black is really white The moon is just the sun at night
badge
And when you walk in golden halls You get to keep the gold that falls It's Heaven and Hell
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool report, but doesn't this belong in Sessions?

Even with a four-turn mulligan Castle Ravenloft is killer!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.