Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Microbadge: Chaos in the Old World fanMicrobadge: Warhammer 40,000 fan - Space Wolves - For Russ and the Allfather!Microbadge: Black Labrador Retriever loverMicrobadge: Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature Monthly Contest winnerMicrobadge: WFRP - Nurgle fan
So we had something occur last night where a card targeted the player with the most cards to discard one.

In a previous game we had a card target the player with the highest HP, but it specifically said if there was a tie it didn't affect anyone.

Since there was no specificity on the discard card, we were unsure on how to play it. No one takes it on precedence of the other cards text, or maybe everyone, since this card didn't specifically say. We decided since there was a tie that we could choose a player that was tied to take the hit.

Anyone know what the correct play is supposed to be? I know I saw another card that did say players choose someone to take a hit and if they couldn't decide everyone takes it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LE MM
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If we're going to have a semantic discussion about what should happen with the card, we're going to need to know that card in question, or ideally the exact text of the card so people don't need to go check their own copy of the card to contribute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
Microbadge: Chaos in the Old World fanMicrobadge: Warhammer 40,000 fan - Space Wolves - For Russ and the Allfather!Microbadge: Black Labrador Retriever loverMicrobadge: Golden Turtleback Painted Miniature Monthly Contest winnerMicrobadge: WFRP - Nurgle fan
Jormi_Boced wrote:
So we had something occur last night where a card targeted the player with the most cards to discard one.

In a previous game we had a card target the player with the highest HP, but it specifically said if there was a tie it didn't affect anyone.

Since there was no specificity on the discard card, we were unsure on how to play it. No one takes it on precedence of the other cards text, or maybe everyone, since this card didn't specifically say. We decided since there was a tie that we could choose a player that was tied to take the hit.

Anyone know what the correct play is supposed to be? I know I saw another card that did say players choose someone to take a hit and if they couldn't decide everyone takes it.
I bolded the text in my original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you talking about Mercenary Technomancer?

Mercenary Technomancer wrote:
FLIPPED: The runner with the most cards in their hand
discards 1 card. (On ties, each tied runner discards 1 card.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LE MM
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sean's post is the reason why the literal actual card text is needed, not a paraphrase.

We shouldn't have a large semantic debate about the rules based on text that is paraphrased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls